GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 - Exhibitor & Sponsor Invitation
Event: October 9-12, 2018
Exhibition: October 10-11, 2018
Venue: Palm Springs Convention Center & Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
Each year, URISA hosts its GIS-Pro conference and the four URISA California Chapters (SoCal, NorCal, CentralCal and BayGeo) partner with the California Geographic Information Association to host CalGIS.
We’re all working together to host GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018… to complement, not compete with, each organization's community of members. Take advantage of the opportunity to connect with the all in one place at one time. Don’t miss the premier geospatial event for government GIS managers and technical staff, attracting attendees from not only California, but from across the globe.
Instead of two separate meetings, this year join us for one geospatial super-event!
Reserve your booth space and sponsorship package today.
Why GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018?
- Reinforce or introduce your company’s presence to GIS professionals who drive the adoption of technology within their organizations.
- Cultivate new and existing customer relationships face-to-face…still the most effective method for developing lasting business connections.
- Introduce new products and services to a broader audience.
- Develop a business partner network with companies offering complementary products and services to expand your capabilities and reach.
- Participate in discussions that influence policy, technology trends, and the future of the GIS profession.
- Take advantage of one event instead of two in a destination (Palm Springs) that people want to visit!
No matter your company size, budget or marketing goals, there is an opportunity to maximize your visibility at GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018.
Additional Sponsorship Opportunities
Consider co-sponsoring an event with your partners or share your ideas for a sponsorship that we haven’t thought of!
- GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Thursday Night Social Event: $2,500 each
We’re narrowing down our social event options! Make your participation known in this celebratory atmosphere. Consider an overall sponsorship or call us to talk about sponsoring refreshments, etc.
- Attendee Tote Bag Inserts: $500 each
Sponsor-provided literature will be inserted into each attendee’s tote bag.
- Mapathon: $1,000 each
Again this year, we’re hosting an evening Humanitarian OSM mapathon for attendees to contribute to humanitarian or emergency response efforts. This sponsorship will provide refreshments to keep energy levels high!
- Workshops: $1,000 each
A majority of the attendees choose to attend one of the full or half-day workshops on Tuesday. The sponsor will receive acknowledgement in each session and also on signage at the refreshment breaks.
- Refreshment Breaks: $1,500 each
Attendees appreciate the morning coffee breaks and afternoon dessert breaks during the event. Sponsors will be acknowledged via signage and logos will be included in the on-site program recognizing your contribution.
- Networking Reception: $1,500 each
Attendees will gather in the Exhibit Hall on Wednesday for some conversation and valuable time gathering specs for future purchases! Sponsor the reception fare during this informal event.
- Social “Mappy” Hour: $1,000 each
The final break in the exhibition on Thursday afternoon will feature refreshments and raffles. Attendees will appreciate the sponsored beverages and snacks during this ‘last chance’ to collect specs and view your demos!
- Childcare Sponsorship: $500 each
We will be providing onsite childcare services for those attendees who have babies/young children and wish to attend the event. Show your support for these GIS professionals and co-sponsor the service!
- Student and Young Professional Competition Sponsorship: Demonstrate your commitment to the next generation of GIS leaders by sponsoring the Vanguard Cabinet’s student competition. Cash prizes will be awarded to the winners and your organization will enjoy ample recognition.
- K-12 Student Poster Competition: $300 for prizes awarded to the top three poster presenters
- University Student Competition: $500 for cash prizes awarded to the winners
- Young Professional Competition: $500 for cash prizes awarded to the winners
Unparalleled Access: The exhibit area at GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 is in the convention center, adjacent to all of the breakout session rooms and steps from the main ballroom where keynote sessions, meals and other events will take place.
Comprehensive Booth Package Includes:
- Pre & post-show mailing list (emails only included with premium sponsor packages – upgrade your presence!)
- One 10x10 booth space with pipe/drape and ID sign, skirted table, two chairs and wastebasket. The Exhibit Hall is carpeted.
- Electrical power and internet is not included in booth fee and will be available for an additional charge (forms included with decorator service kit).
- Opportunity to submit a ‘commercial’ which will air before general sessions and keynotes
- Recognition within conference mobile app
- Two full conference registrations per booth (value approximately $1,000; additional full registrations are discounted to $250 for exhibiting company)
Rate Schedule (Fees Shown in US Dollars):
- Discounted Fee for current Corporate Members/Partners(URISA International, SoCal URISA, NorCal URISA, Central Cal URISA, BayGeo and CGIA): $1,700 until August 1/ $1,900 after August 1
- Fee for Nonmember Exhibitors: $2,000 until August 1/ $2,200 after August 1
Cancellation Policy - Cancellations received by URISA on or before August 31 will be refunded fifty percent (50%) of exhibit fees paid. Cancellations received by URISA after August 31 will not receive refunds.
Exhibit Hall Schedule
Setup & Move in Date: Tuesday, October 9 from 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
• Wednesday, October 10 from 10:00 AM - 6:30 PM
• Thursday, October 11 from 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Dismantle: Thursday, October 11, 4:00 - 7:00 PM
Note that the overall conference begins with training & workshops on Monday and Tuesday, October 8-9 and ends at 12:00 Noon on Friday, October 12. Refer to the overall conference schedule for more information.
URISA will coordinate staff registrations, payments, sponsorships and promotion opportunities with exhibitors.
TRICORD is the official show decorator and will communicate booth furnishing needs, shipping and logistics.
Extra All-Conference Visibility for Exhibitors and Sponsors!
- Opportunity to submit a ‘commercial’ which will air before general sessions and keynotes and also online. (Included with exhibit fee!)
- We're exploring other activities to drive attendees to your booth. Stay tuned!
Don't Delay. Reserve Today!
Fillable Form - Please use Firefox as your browser when filling out the form.
NOTE: To proceed with your purchase you must be logged in and shop through your organization (to switch, click on the this link to change to organization)
Venue: Palm Springs Convention Center and Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
The Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel lies at the foot of the San Jacinto Mountains. Enjoy easy access to museums, art galleries and activities in and around downtown. There are so many dining and entertainment options within a short walk from the hotel. The Renaissance Palm Springs offers a desert resort atmosphere with a cosmopolitan flair.
Events will take place at the Renaissance Palm Springs (888 Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262 USA) and the Palm Springs Convention Center, which is attached to the hotel. For anyone who has attended an Esri Business Partner or Developers' Conference, it's the same venue.
URISA negotiated an amazingly affordable $179 single/double hotel room rate at the Renaissance Palm Springs for GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 attendees, including wifi access. A limited number of government per diem rate hotel rooms will be available.
The group rate will be available until September 15 or until the room block is depleted.
Online Reservation Link - make your hotel reservation today!
Please note: Reserve your room first as your Hotel reservation number is required to receive the conference registration best value rate. The hotel rates shown above are final. If you happen to receive an email from an outside organization about booking hotel rooms for GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018, it is a scam. Do not respond! Rooms for the conference are available only through the Reservations Link above.
Parking: On-site parking, fee: 18 USD daily/ Valet parking, fee: 36 USD daily
Getting to Palm Springs:
You have numerous options. Check out airfares from your location directly to Palm Springs or to 4 other SoCal airports in order to take advantage of the most affordable and convenient travel plan.
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
- Distance to hotel: 1.5 miles
- Airport shuttle service, on request, complimentary
- Estimated taxi fare: 7 USD (one way)
With 10 top airlines providing nonstop service from 18 cities, the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) connects to more than 500 destinations around the world. And their airlift is growing. By traveling through the Palm Springs International Airport, you can leave behind the long lines and wait times and instead enjoy the airport’s open-air design. Stroll along outdoor walkways and relax in the landscaped courtyards, while enjoying the airport’s gardens, water features and original artwork. (And it is only a mile and a half to the hotel!) The airport’s tranquil environment is just one of the reasons why Palm Springs International Airport was named one of the Top 10 Most Stress-Free Airports in America by SmarterTraveler.com.
Additionally, there are four other major airports in Southern California that offer convenient access to Greater Palm Springs:
- ONT: Ontario International Airport (1 hour 15 minute drive)
- SNA: John Wayne Airport – Orange County (1 hour 30 minute drive)
- LAX: Los Angeles International Airport (2 hour drive)
- SAN: San Diego International Airport [2 hour 15 minute drive]
Driving? As long as you can connect with US Interstate 10 (I-10), you can easily drive to the Greater Palm Springs area. The region is a surprisingly quick getaway from many large metropolitan areas in the Southwest.
Driving Times from Major Cities:
- Los Angeles – 2 hours
- San Diego – 2 hours 15 minutes
- Newport Beach – 1 hour 45 minutes
- Anaheim – 1 hour 45 minutes
- San Bernardino – 1 hour
- Riverside – 1 hour
- Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona – 4 hours
- Las Vegas, Nevada – 4 hours
About Palm Springs
You’ll discover plenty of things to do in Palm Springs. Thanks to the abundance of sunny days and warm weather, Greater Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley are a year-round playground for those who enjoy being active—and those who don’t.
From amazing art and culture to incredible outdoor adventures, you'll find plenty of things to do during your stay. Tee off at one of the more than 110 local golf courses, swing a tennis racquet on the same tennis courts where legends have played, find your bliss at an area spa, explore the desert on a sightseeing tour, take a trip to The Living Desert Zoo and Botanical Garden, or visit museums and boutique shops in Palm Springs. You can even try your luck at one of several local casinos around the Coachella Valley. Scan the options below to start creating your ideal Oasis getaway.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- California Deserts: Unlike anywhere else in the state, or for that matter the world, the California Deserts are a theme park unto its own. The region lures visitors to elevations of thousands of feet above to more than 280 feet/85 m below sea level, offers health and wellness in the natural hot mineral waters that bubble to its surface, and lays claim to hundreds of old mines and ghost towns hidden in its mysterious hills and valleys.
- Get outside and find your perfect trail.
- Take a tour: Palm Springs is a mecca for art and midcentury modern architecture. Take a celebrity tour and see where Frank Sinatra lived
There is so much to do in Palm Springs!
Check out this Story Map of Palm Springs attractions. You might want to extend your visit!