Click the pop-out icon in the top right corner to view. Huge thank you to Hildemar Cruz for developing this video!
Scroll down to learn about GISCorps and consider a tax-deductible donation to keep this great program running for years to come!
Operating under the auspices of URISA, GISCorps coordinates short term, volunteer based GIS services to underprivileged communities
Celebrating Ten Years of Outstanding Volunteer Service in 2013!
View the URISA GISCorps 10th Anniversary Tribute Video - with special messages from GIS leaders.
Vision & Goals
URISA GISCorps volunteers' services will help to improve the quality of life by:
- Supporting humanitarian relief.
- Enhancing environmental analysis.
- Encouraging/fostering economic development.
- Supporting community planning and development.
- Strengthening local capacity by adopting and using information technology.
- Supporting health and education related activities.
- GISCorps implements URISA's vision of advancing the effective use of spatial information technologies.
GISCorps makes available highly specialized GIS expertise to improve the well being of developing and transitional communities without exploitation or regard for profit.
GISCorps coordinates the open exchange of volunteer GIS expertise cooperatively among and along with other agencies.
GISCorps strengthens the host community's spatial data infrastructure through implementation of the best and most widely accepted GIS practices.
GISCorps foster development of professional organizations in host communities to help sustain and grow local spatial expertise.
GISCorps will benefit:
- Communities in need
- GISCorps volunteers
- GISCorps' partner organizations
- Volunteers' own communities
- Spatial Information Technologies
- Global professional networking
For more information about GISCorps missions, partner agencies, and volunteer opportunities: GISCorps
To register as a volunteer: Volunteer
Donate to URISA's GISCorps to support the program's mission.
This incredible program runs entirely on volunteer time and monetary donations. Note that donations are tax-deductible in the U.S.