CalGIS 2014 - Join us in Monterey!
20th Annual California GIS Conference
April 14-16, 2014 -Monterey, California
Stay tuned for information about next year's CalGIS Conference!
Featured Speakers at CalGIS 2014:
- Jack Dangermond – Esri: Founder and President of Esri, Jack Dangermond almost needs no introduction. He is an iconic figure in the GIS world and his efforts to increase the reach and use of GIS have influenced the industry in profound ways. Mr. Dangermond was last with us at our 10th anniversary conference and we are excited to have him join us this year.
- Mike Migurski – Code for America: Michal spent nine years as a partner and technology director at celebrated San Francisco design studio Stamen where he architected the technical aspects of Stamen’s work, moving comfortably from active participation in Stamen’s design process, designing database schemas and API’s, to creating the dynamic applications that Stamen delivers to clients. At Code For America, he is responsible for engineering standards and technical sustainability. Michal has been building for the web since 1995, specializing in data design and publishing for a diverse range of clients and numerous public, technical research projects and active open source codebases.
- Eric Gundersen – MapBox: As CEO of MapBox, Eric coordinates product and business development. Eric is passionate about open data and building open source data visualization tools focused on speed and design. Prior to MapBox, Eric co-founded Development Seed. Eric is a recognized expert on open data and open source software and has been featured in publications including the New York Times, Nightline, NPR, and others. He is frequently invited to speak on topics including open data, data visualization, and open source business models and has presented at conferences such as SXSW, Web 2.0, Where 2.0, GOSCON, and NodeJam.
- Dylan Lorimer is a product manager at Google where he oversees product development for Enterprise Earth and Maps. Dylan sits at the confluence of the consumer cartographer and the enterprise mapping user. He is responsible for ensuring that Google's enterprise versions of its popular mapping applications continue evolving to meet the particular business needs of the enterprise. Earlier in his career at Google Dylan managed Google's global aerial and satellite imagery acquisition strategy, helped lead Google's efforts to partner with governments worldwide in order to publish their authoritative geospatial data to Google's products and services, and was on the Earth Enterprise engineering team. Prior to joining Google, Dylan worked as a software developer and consultant.
Thank you to CalGIS 2014 Sponsors!
- Latitude Geographics Group Ltd
- Blue Marble Geographics
- USA Imaging, Inc
- Valtus Imagery Services
- RBF Consulting/Baker International
- David Evans and Associates, Inc
- Quantum Spatial
- CycloMedia Technology, Inc
- Cityworks-Azteca Systems
- California Surveying and Drafting Supply
- Cogent3D, Inc
Tuesday Bonfire Sponsor
Wednesday Morning Bike Ride Sponsor: RBF/Baker International
CalGIS is hosting a number of webinars leading up to CalGIS 2014. The archived recordings will be posted here:
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series: Webinar #7, Friday, March 21 at 11:00 AM PDT
This webinar focused on Parcel Data at the local and state level and Local Government GIS data use at Los Angeles County.
To review the recorded webinar:
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series - Webinar #6 February 21, 2014
Guests: Larry Orman - Greeninfo Network and Ragi Burhum - Amigo Cloud
To view the recorded webinar:
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series - Webinar #5 January 17, 2014
Guests: Landon Blake, Alex Barth To view the recorded webinar, click here.
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series - Webinar #4 December 13, 2013
Guests: Amy Smith, Rob Elkins
To view the recorded webinar, click here.
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series - Webinar #3 November 2013
Part 1 – Scott Gregory, California State GIO discusses GIS in the State. Click here
Part 2 – Peter Meisen and Quentin Gregg from GENI discuss Renewable Energy and using ArcGIS Online to share their work. Click here
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series - Webinar #2 October 2013,
Guests: Michael Goodchild, Jessica Touchard
Note: due to a problem with the recording software, the webcam portion did not record. The audio and slides are available. We will be trying something new to record the next video. Click here.
- CalGIS 2014 Webinar Series – Webinar #1 September 2013, Guests James Fee, Prashant Singh.
Note: due to a problem with the recording software, the webcam portion did not record. The audio and slides are available. Click here (recording duration: approximately one hour)
Every year, the URISA chapters in California and the California Geographic Information Association, come together to present the CalGIS Conference.
Southern California Chapter of URISA
Northern California Chapter of URISA
Central California Chapter of URISA
BAAMA - Bay Area Automated Mapping Association
California Geographic Information Association (CGIA)
To volunteer on the 2014 conference planning committee, contact Jeff Orton, Chair.
- 2013 - Long Beach, California (View program to see what you missed.)
- 2012 - Sacramento, California
- 2011 - Fresno, California
- 2010 - Huntington Beach, California
- 2009 - Sacramento, California
- 2008 - Modesto, California
- 2007 - Oakland, California
- 2006 - Santa Barbara, California
- 2005 - Bakersfield, California
- 2004 - San Jose, California