URISA's Caribbean GIS Conference
- Latest Press Release
- Exhibits & Sponsorship
- Registration & Venue - Don't miss out. Reserve your room immediately or pay much higher rates!
- Story Map of Area Dining and Attractions - created by Renee Babb
Here are a couple of easy ways to save your organization some money:
Questions? Contact URISA at (847) 824-6300, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the link above to start reviewing the abundance of education in the comprehensive schedule and download the app to your smartphone! The tool is useful for creating your draft conference schedule. Note there are optional preconference courses and meetings that begin on Sunday, September 4.
Don't miss the one-day (Tuesday) focused program track, developed in partnership with the Caribbean Disaster Emergency Management Agency (CDEMA) that will explore best practices for utilizing GIS and other tools to prepare, respond, and manage disasters:
Improving Caribbean Disaster Preparedness and Response through Geospatial Services : Bringing disaster management specialists and geospatial professionals together under one roof, this is a fantastic opportunity to match mapping and analysis practice against the challenges faced to be more resilient before and after disasters. Through presentations, discussions and hands on experience, this offers practical IM solutions in a one day focused program track and complements strategic issues discussed at the UNGGIM special meeting, all to help the region to use GIS effectively to be better prepared against natural disasters.
- Link to Concept Paper/Note: http://ggim.un.
- Title of PDF attached:- Disasters Concept Paper-English.pdf
- Link to UN-GGIM working group on GIS for Disasters:- http://ggim.un.
URISA is thrilled to be heading back to Barbados for the 2016 URISA Caribbean GIS Conference. Barbados was the site of our second conference in 2004. The conference is organized by a committee of Caribbean GIS experts, who dedicate considerable time and energy to developing an important educational program. The conference features an Exhibition and a number of professional development and networking opportunities.
Call for Presentations - The deadline has passed, however late submissions will be considered.
Don't miss the opportunity to promote your organization's solutions to this informed and enthusiastic community. Please note that pipe & drape booths will not be included with the exhibition and we recommend that you bring along a pop up booth to customize your exhibit space.
2016 participating exhibitors:
Booth space reserved:
Esri/Spatial Innovision- #4, 5 & 6
GeoTechVison - #7/8
MilSoft Utility Solutions - #10
DigitalGlobe - #12
Hexagon - #13
GeoOrbis - #14
Earth Analytic, Inc - #15
Washington College GIS Program - #18
3-GIS - #1
Full Conference Registration includes Proceedings, Opening Reception, two luncheons, and Conference Social Event. The registration fee for a single day registration includes the Conference Proceedings, attendance at the educational sessions and social events for that day only. URISA International or URISA Caribbean Chapter members receive a discount on registration. All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
- Regular rate (July 2-August 31, 2016) - Full-time Student: $125 / Member: $350 / Nonmember: $425
- One-day registration is also available: $225 member /$250 nonmember July 2-August 31)
- Note that registration forms received after August 31 or at the conference will incur an additional $50 US.
Optional Training & Events – Attendance is free to full conference registrants, but you must register to reserve your seat.
Lunch is not provided. Be sure to review the program to avoid schedule conflicts with other meetings you may be attending.
Two Day Course: Sunday & Monday, September 4‐5, 2016 ‐ 9:00 AM ‐ 5:00 PM each day - Free, must register to reserve your seat.
- Deploying and Maintaining a Multiuser Geodatabase - Sponsored by Spatial Innovision Ltd. (Two-day workshop)
Monday, September 5 Note: If you are registering for the two‐day Spatial Innovision course noted above, do not register for the following:
- Modernizing Land Administration Systems ‐ Sponsored by Esri – 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Free, must register to reserve your seat.
- From Sensor to Internet: Processing, Analysis, Compression and Distribution in the Geospatial Information Life Cycle ‐ Sponsored by Hexagon Geospatial – 9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon. Free, must register to reserve your seat
- Introduction to Smart M.App ‐ Sponsored by Hexagon Geospatial – 1:00 – 5:00 PM. Free, must register to reserve your seat
Monday Evening Activity: Attendance is free, but you must register to reserve your seat.
- Missing Maps MeetUp – 6:00 – 10:00 PM. Free, must register to reserve your seat
Register For the Conference Now:
- Downloadable Registration Form
- Fillable Registration Form (PDF) - To complete the fillable registration form use Firefox as your browser.
- Online Registration
Book Your Hotel Room:
The conference will take place at the Hilton Barbados. We have negotiated an attractive conference rate of $159 plus tax (including internet access). The group rate is available until August 22 or until the block is full. Don't miss out. The regular rate is much higher than the conference rate!
- Reserve your hotel room now via this online Hilton form.
Transportation from Airport:
Note that persons should use a registered taxi service from the airport (just outside the arrivals hall). See the fares at this link: http://www.gaia.bb/content/taxi-rates-airport
More Barbados locales featured on the Above Barbados YouTube Channel. Beautiful!
"Attending the URISA Caribbean GIS conference always proves to be a exhilarating, learning experience, well worth the time with great networking opportunities available. I think this geospatial event is a great use of money by any GIS professional seeking to perfect their craft in the Caribbean. There's always a wide spectrum of attendees, presenters, keynote speakers, etc. to interact with, who represent a wide cross-section of public and private industries, agencies and academic institutions not only from the the Caribbean region but as far as North America and Europe. I am always excited about walking away with ideas, insights and information on how to implement world-class GIS business models for my organization better and more efficiently each and every time. DON'T MISS THE CARIBBEAN'S PREMIER GIS CONFERENCE!" - Fidel Omar-Ali, Telecommunications Services of Trinidad & Tobago Limited (TSTT)
“The URISA Caribbean GIS conference is the premier geospatial event in the Caribbean. It is the best place to see and discuss all aspects of geospatial technologies with like-minded individuals. I am consistently amazed at the great educational content. I simply never miss the URISA Caribbean Conference and I always encourage others to attend. When they do, they are always impressed with the quality of the event." - Valrie Grant, MSc,GISP - Managing Director, GeoTechVision
The 2014 Conference took place October 26-30, 2014 at the Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort in Curacao.
Final Conference Program - see what you missed!
Thank you to our Exhibitors & Sponsors:
- Spatial Innovision
- West Indies Aerial Survey