URISA's 7th Caribbean GIS Conference
October 26-30, 2014
Santa Barbara Beach & Golf Resort - Curacao
Spatial Technologies: Fueling Economic Growth and Development
|Registration & Venue - be sure to reserve your hotel room by October 1!|
Excellent Value – Important Education – Unmatched Connections
URISA is an international geospatial organization that provides geographic information system (GIS) education and training, advocacy for the profession, and essential resources to foster excellence in GIS. URISA has presented several successful conferences focused on the effective application and management of GIS and other information technologies within the Caribbean. Previous conferences have taken place in Jamaica (2001), Barbados (2004), the Bahamas (2006), the Cayman Islands (2008), Trinidad and Tobago (2010) and Jamaica (2012). We are pleased to host the 2014 conference in the Dutch Caribbean!
Objectives of URISA's Caribbean GIS Conference
- To inform broad cross-section of Caribbean users about GIS technology and applications
- To share experiences regarding GIS implementation and management issues
- To establish new relationships with the vendor/consultant community
- To provide workshops and sessions that are application driven, and are relevant to the Caribbean community of GIS users
- To foster a Caribbean GIS network
- To assess the state of readiness of national and regional Spatial Data Infrastructures
- To act on directives from the High Level Meetings held over the past several years, fostering executive support for GIS
New for 2014! The URISA Caribbean GIS Conference is utilizing an online app for the conference program. Easy-to-navigate and downloadable to your smartphone or tablet. A great way to network with speakers, instructors and fellow attendees.
Link to our Program App using the QR Code:
The Conference Program was developed through a Call for Presentations. The deadline for abstract submissions has passed, however, you can still submit your abstract to Pat Francis, firstname.lastname@example.org for the committee's consideration.
Opportunities to exhibit at and sponsor the conference are detailed in the Exhibitor & Sponsor Prospectus. Don't miss the opportunity to market your solutions to this informed and innovative market!
- Spatial Innovision
- West Indies Aerial Survey
|Spatial Innovision||Booths #9,10/12,13|
|Milsoft Utility Solutiions||Booth #15|
|West Indies Aerial Survey||Booth #14|
|Washington College GIS Program||Booth #8|
|Esri & GIS4C||Booths #3,4,5|
|Sani International Technology Advisors Inc||Booth #7|
Full Registration includes Proceedings, Networking Reception, Luncheons on Tuesday and Wednesday, and Conference Social Event.
(September 2-October 17, 2014)
|Full Conference Registration||$425 US|
|Full-time Student Registration||$125 US|
|One Day Registration||$225 US|
- Note that registrations received after October 17 will incur an additional $50 US.
- Attendance at a preconference workshop requires an additional fee. Refer to registration form and the program schedule for fees
- The registration fee for a single day registration includes the Conference Proceedings, attendance at the educational sessions and social events for that day only.
Payment: Payment may be made via check (US dollars), credit card or via wire transfer (If paying through wire transfer, please refer to accompanying instructions. Wire transfer payments MUST include an additional US$15 for fee.)
To assist with supervisor approval of your attendance, consider this attendance justification letter we developed. Personalize it to address your organization's particular needs.
All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
The Conference will take place at the beautiful Santa Barbara Beach and Golf Resort. We have arranged for very attractive sleeping room rates at the hotel. URISA Conference attendees may take advantage of $129 single/double discounted rates which include in-room internet access.
Make your hotel reservations via this simple online form by OCTOBER 1! After that date, the room rate increases substantially.
What You Should Know About Curacao (climate, time zone, currency and much more):
The conference will be organizing affordable airport transfer for conference attendees.