GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs
URISA is thrilled to partner with the California Geographic Information Association (CGIA) and the four California URISA Chapters - SoCal, NorCal, CentralCal and BAAMA/BayGEO - to present GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs this year! Those five California-based geospatial organizations typically collaborate to present CalGIS each spring, an event that has a long history (nearly 25 years!) of educational and community-building excellence.
Instead of two separate meetings, this year join us for one geospatial super-event!
- Call for Presentations: Proposal Submission Deadline is March 5, 2018
- Exhibit and Sponsorship Details: coming soon
- Registration: Expect registration to open and the complete program to be detailed in April.
Keynote Speaker: Jack Dangermond
We're pleased to confirm that Esri co-founder, Jack Dangermond, will be the opening keynote speaker on Wednesday, October 10. Don't miss it!
Preliminary GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Schedule:
- Monday, October 8: URISA Board of Directors' meeting (AM); URISA Committee Coordination & Leadership Meeting (PM); evening networking events
- Tuesday, October 9: Workshops & Training (full and half-day); evening networking events
- Wednesday, October 10: Opening Keynote (Jack Dangermond); concurrent breakout sessions; hosted lunch; exhibition; evening networking events
- Thursday, October 11: Awards Breakfast; concurrent breakout sessions; exhibition; additional hosted exhibit hall lunch (tentative); evening hosted social event
- Friday, October 12: Concurrent breakout sessions; closing keynote address; URISA Board of Directors' meeting (PM)
The GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 planning committee will be meeting in mid-March to develop the educational program. The detailed program and events schedule will be published in early/mid-April and registration will also open at that time.
So much to do in Palm Springs!
Check out this Story Map of Palm Springs attractions. You might want to extend your visit!
For Budgeting Purposes:
Registration: Registration options will range from single day to full conference, with substantial discounts for full-time students, young professional members (35 or younger) and members of URISA International, CGIA and/or California URISA Chapter members.
- Full registration includes attendance at one workshop (normally an additional $200 fee).
- Full Registration also includes access to all educational sessions, proceedings, networking reception, Wednesday luncheon, Thursday Awards Breakfast, Thursday Exhibit Hall Mappy Hour, and Thursday evening social event.
- The best value for registration is for members who are staying at the conference hotel or who reside locally.
Preliminary fee table:
Detailed program and registration will be available in mid-April.
All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
Venue: Palm Springs Convention Center and Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
URISA negotiated an amazingly affordable $179 single/double room rate for conference attendees, including wifi access. A limited number of government per diem rate hotel rooms will be available.
The group rate will be available until September 15 or until the room block is depleted.
- Online reservations link coming soon.
Thank you to our Southeast Chapters (Florida, Georgia and Carolina URISA) for their support!
- Conference program brochure, click here.
- Online Program
- Thank you to our Canadian Chapters (URISA Ontario, URISA Alberta, and URISA British Columbia) for their support!
URISA and the Northwest GIS User Group were proud to present GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015, October 18-22, 2015 in Spokane, Washington, in cooperation with the Northern Rockies and Washington URISA Chapters. Nearly 450 GIS professionals attended the conference. There was a lot of interaction and discussion and excellent reviews of the educational program. A very positive conference experience! What a fabulous conference! See what you missed: Online Conference Program
GIS-Pro 2014: Leveraging Spatial Technology to Support Sustainable and Resilient Communities
September 8-11, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Click on the logo below for all of the details about GIS-Pro 2014:
Onsite Program Brochure (PDF)
GIS-Pro 2013: Videos... see what you missed!
- GIS-Pro 2013 Ignite Session
- GIS-Pro 2013 Keynote Addresses
- Awards Breakfast & URISA GISCorps Ten Year Anniversary Recognition
- URISA GISCorps Tribute Video!