GIS-Pro Annual Conference
URISA is pleased to announce GIS-Pro 2014: URISA's 52nd Annual Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, September 8-11, 2014!
Conference Venue: Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street
Leveraging Spatial Technology to Support Sustainable and Resilient Communities
Explore best practices and techniques to put your organization on the map. Participate in thought-provoking keynotes, intense workshops, important breakout sessions and invaluable discussions. Earn continuing education points (GISP) and credit (AICP) toward professional designations and credentialing. Build and nurture business relationships and discover solutions being offered by exhibitors and sponsors. Find your answers in a collaborative and exciting environment! There's no place like New Orleans for fostering long-term and productive professional connections.
Spend some time wandering through the conference program, filled with essential education (from full-day comprehensive URISA Certified Workshops to quick-hit Lightning Talks), professional development and networking events, and opportunities to explore Best (and Next) Practices. Learn from your peers, whether you are a young professional or a path-breaking leader. Join us for the discussions to leverage spatial technology in support of sustainable and resilient communities.
Click on the PROGRAM button that follows for all of the details about GIS-Pro 2014:
Link to our Program App using the QR Code.
Exhibitor & Sponsor Opportunities
There is still no substitute for face- to-face meetings between two individuals. In addition to presenting within the Solution Central program track, GIS-Pro invites the vendor community to participate as an exhibitor and/or sponsor. Click here to download the Exhibitor & Sponsor Prospectus and reserve your opportunity today.
Registration & Venue
Full registration includes attendance at one preconference workshop (normally an additional fee of approximately $200). Check out the addition of a community project on Monday morning . Full conference registration fee for individuals registering by the early registration date (July 21) and staying at the Sheraton New Orleans:
- URISA International or LAURISA (Louisiana Chapter) Member $425
- Non-member $500
- Student and one-day registration options are also available.
Downloadable Registration Form - early registration discounts through July 21.
All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
Use this attendance justification letter template to help persuade your supervisor to approve your participation.
Conference Venue - Sheraton New Orleans
Image courtesy of Pictometry
The conference will take place at the Sheraton New Orleans (500 Canal Street) ideally situated for all that New Orleans has to offer. For those of you who attended URISA's 2008 conference ...it's the same hotel, though substantially renovated and upgraded since then! Perfect venue!
URISA GIS-Pro Conference room rate: $165 single/double with complimentary in-room Internet for those who reserve within the URISA block. A limited number of government rate rooms have been reserved for GIS-Pro attendees.
The GIS-Pro room rate will be available until August 18 or until the group block is sold-out, whichever comes first.
Click one of the links below to make your hotel reservations online or call (888) 627-7033 and reference URISA to gain access to the group discounted rates:
- Reserve your room at the Sheraton in the GIS-Pro block which includes in-room Internet.
- Reserve a government rate room, including in-room Internet, for GIS-Pro at the Sheraton
Be sure to make note of your hotel confirmation number as you'll need that when registering for the conference!
Present - Even though the deadline to submit abstracts has passed, there are still opportunities to share your big ideas, research and success stories. We are particularly interested in your ideas for lightning talks and lunchtime presentations and will be issuing a second Call for Presentations to solicit late-breaking content. (Click here for a description of presentation formats.) Please email your presentation title and abstract to Pat Francis, along with your selected presentation format and contact information to be considered for the conference program. Note that:
- All accepted presenters must submit either a formal paper (preferred but not required) or presentation with notes (i.e. PowerPoint/Prezi) during the conference for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Your session moderator will collect the papers/presentations during the conference on a thumb drive.
- All accepted presenters must register and pay the regular conference registration fee. Acceptance as a presenter does not register you for the conference — registration fees are required. Presenters must register by July 21, 2014 and are encouraged to take advantage of early registration and membership discounts.
- All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
Volunteer - This summer, we will share opportunities for students to volunteer at the conference (a great opportunity to network with professionals and expand your network) and receive complimentary attendance in return. Stay tuned.
Everything You Need to Know About GIS-Pro 2014 and New Orleans
Images courtesy of Pictometry
GIS-Pro 2013: Videos... see what you missed!
- GIS-Pro 2013 Ignite Session
- GIS-Pro 2013 Keynote Addresses
- Awards Breakfast & URISA GISCorps Ten Year Anniversary Recognition
- URISA GISCorps Tribute Video!