GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
Annual Conference for Professionals in Property Assessment, Tax Administration, Mapping and Information Technology
"Houston, we have a solution!"
You just missed the 22nd Annual GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
March 19-22, 2018 in Houston, Texas
The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) partner together to provide a conference that assists assessment and appraisal professionals in visualizing how they can work more effectively through the use of technology. This conference explores the important role that integration of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems plays in providing access to data and analysis of information for better decision making within a jurisdiction.
- Conference Program - check out the details about workshops, breakout sessions, events, and speaker bios!
Mark your calendar! We're heading to Portland in 2019. Call for Presentations coming soon.
- I learned different techniques implemented by both government entities and the private sector to make my work more efficient and creative.
- Awesome conference! This was the first conference I ever attended where I felt like I took something away from every session!
- This is the only conference that I can attend in the spring that combines both GIS and CAMA information. Many times I cannot make it to the IAAO or the URISA Fall conference because the timing conflicts with my tax roll process. I always get something useful out of this conference.
- I would say it is a brilliant opportunity to learn from innovative speakers who offer relevant ideas, as well as, innovative techniques and approaches to GIS and CAMA.
- This is the conference you go to ‘to get things done’.
- As an appraiser, this conference is a wonderful way to see the power of GIS and how it is being utilized. For those in GIS, exposure to how your users are leveraging your systems, and what they need, is a wonderful way to enhance your operation. This conference is the ideal place to be inspired by the work of others in our industry.
- Best and most valuable conference I attend every year. Technology is rapidly changing the way mass appraisal is administered and if you're not at this conference, you're not on the cutting edge of our industry.
- This conference has a high return on investment. Having an office representative attend the GIS/CAMA conference each each year is essential if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest GIS and modeling implementations. What you learn from presentations, and perhaps most importantly, conversations with peers from around the globe, are more than worth the price of admission.
The International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) is a non-profit research and educational association. Established in 1934, IAAO's mission is to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal as well as property tax policy and administration through professional development, education, research and technical assistance.
URISA is a multi-disciplinary geospatial organization that provides professional education and training, a vibrant and connected community, advocacy for geospatial challenges and issues, and essential resources. URISA fosters excellence in GIS and engages geospatial professionals throughout their careers.
Chattanooga, Tennessee - March 6-9, 2017
Savannah, Georgia - February 22-25, 2016
We went back to the 'birthplace' of this conference to celebrate the milestone 20th anniversary. What a wonderful event, with great presentations and valuable discussions. Attendees will receive the Conference Proceedings in mid-April.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - March 2-5, 2015
Jacksonville, Florida - February 24-27, 2014