2017 GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
Annual Conference for Professionals in Property Assessment, Tax Administration, Mapping and Information Technology
March 6-9, 2017
The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) partner together to provide a conference that assists assessment and appraisal professionals in visualizing how they can work more effectively through the use of technology. This conference explores the important role that integration of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems plays in providing access to data and analysis of information for better decision making within a jurisdiction.
Click here or on the image to the left to start reviewing the conference program and all of the details about the presentations that are planned!
Also review the list of exhibitors and sponsors, including Esri (Platinum Sponsor) and Tyler Technology (Bronze Sponsor)!
Book your hotel room soon. The deadline for the conference rate is February 17 or until the block is full (whichever comes first).
Learn about Chattanooga, the super-fast citywide internet and the ease of travel to the river city!
Information about participating as an exhibitor and/or sponsor of the 21st GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference is now available.
- As an appraiser, this conference is a wonderful way to see the power of GIS and how it is being utilized. For those in GIS, exposure to how your users are leveraging your systems, and what they need, is a wonderful way to enhance your operation. This conference is the ideal place to be inspired by the work of others in our industry. - Scott Rountree, Augusta-Richmond County Board of Assessors
- Best and most valuable conference I attend every year. Technology is rapidly changing the way mass appraisal is administered and if you're not at this conference, you're not on the cutting edge of our industry. - Warren Dixon, Naperville Township (IL) Assessor
- The GIS/CAMA Conference has always provided a wonderful range of informative topics relevant to an ever-changing and emerging technology. Additionally, it's the best platform to mix and mingle with the "old-timers" who can mentor newcomers and for the newbies to bring novel ideas to the discussion. -Tony Lindauer, Jefferson County (KY) Property Valuation
- Sometimes we get bogged down in the minutia of our work. The conference gives you a week to share struggles and solutions with other people and get inspired again about what we do. -Danielle Simpson, Boulder County (CO) Assessor's Office
- CAMA/GIS is most beneficial to the technical staff in your jurisdiction. Ken Wilkinson, CFA, Lee (FL.) County Property Appraiser
- This conference has a high return on investment. Having an office representative attend the GIS/CAMA conference each each year is essential if you want to stay up-to-date with the latest GIS and modeling implementations. What you learn from presentations, and perhaps most importantly, conversations with peers from around the globe, are more than worth the price of admission. (And who doesn't want to learn how to use free, open-source software that improves assessment valuations and processes?) - Paul Bidanset, Real Estate Valuation Modeler (VA)
- The integration of GIS and CAMA is no longer an idea of the future, but instead a necessity for proper assessment practices today. The GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference gives their attendees many different possibilities to assist the way each individual office works. -Maureen Sterrenberg (IL)
Chattanooga Choo Choo: Photo credits: Chattanooga CVB
Registration: Registration includes the Conference Proceedings, Monday Reception, Tuesday Luncheon, Wednesday Social Event, and Vendor Educational Sessions. Additional fees are required for preconference workshop attendance.
Preconference Workshops: The conference is pleased to present two preconference workshops on Monday, March 6. There is an additional registration fee for the workshops. $195 IAAO or URISA member/$245 nonmember/$90 student
The conference will take place at the Chattanooga Convention Center and the Headquarter's Hotel for conference attendees is the Chattanooga Marriott Downtown. Connected to the Chattanooga Convention Center, this relaxed, downtown hotel is convenient to the Tennessee Riverwalk. Lookout Mountain Incline Railway, featuring views and trails, is a 2.8-mile drive. The Marriott provides local complimentary shuttle service for downtown Chattanooga between the hours of 5:00am-11:00pm.
- Conference room rate: $155 single/double - with complimentary in-room internet access
- Deadline for reservations: February 17, 2017, or until the reserved block is sold out.
- Book your group rate for IAAO/URISA 21st Annual GIS/CAMA Conference or call 1-800-841-1674.
Transportation from Airport
- The Marriott provides shuttle service to and from the Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport for a fee of $15.00 per person which can be charged to your hotel room or can be paid to the driver (receipts can be provided). Advanced reservations are recommended. Please see a member of the Front Desk or call 423-308-1073 for shuttle reservations.
- Note that both Uber and Lyft operate in Chattanooga and are plentiful.
- A one-way taxi fare between the airport and downtown is approximately $30.
CONSENT FOR USE OF PHOTOGRAPHIC & VIDEO IMAGES: Registration and attendance at, or participation in this conference constitutes an agreement by the registrant to permit URISA and IAAO to use and distribute (both now and in the future) the registrant or attendee's image and/or voice in photographs, videos, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events and activities.
Bluff View Arts District -Photo credits: Chattanooga CVB
Take some time to learn about Chattanooga: http://www.chattanoogafun.com/
Zigzag portion of Riverwalk
Photo credits: Chattanooga CVB
Chattanooga is a vibrant and thriving mid-sized river city, surrounded by outdoor adventure and the natural beauty of the mountains. Chattanooga is one of the most revitalized cities in the country with a growing arts, music, and dining scene complemented by iconic world-class attractions. The free electric shuttle serving the downtown area, as well as the fastest citywide internet speeds anywhere in the world are just some of the ways the "Scenic City" offers all the amenities of a major metropolitan city in a comfortable, convenient and beautiful location.
WEATHER: Chattanooga is in a temperate climate zone. The temperatures are pleasant throughout every season. The average temperature in the Spring is 69ºF
TIME ZONE: Chattanooga is located in the EASTERN TIME ZONE. Many cities surrounding Chattanooga are in the Central Time Zone, so be sure to consider this in planning your itineraries to and from Chattanooga.
AIR TRAVEL: Chattanooga’s Airport, CHA, is just ten miles from downtown and offers direct or 1-stop flights to most destinations. Air Access - Chattanooga’s Metropolitan Airport, just a (15) minute drive from downtown, is currently served by: American, Delta, United and Allegiant Air.
ACCESSIBILITY: Interstate Access - Chattanooga is centrally located in the Southeast at the intersections of I-75, I-24 and I-59. Our river-city is within three hours of more than ten million people living in Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham and Huntsville. Check out this map of driving distances to Chattanooga.:
Tennessee Aquarium:Photo credits: Chattanooga CVB
Famed Lookout Mountain Incline Railway
Photo credits: Chattanooga CVB
About IAAO - The International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) is a non-profit research and educational association. Established in 1934, IAAO's mission is to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal as well as property tax policy and administration through professional development, education, research and technical assistance. For more information, visit www.iaao.org
About URISA - The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) is a non-profit professional and educational association that promotes the effective and ethical use of spatial information and information technologies for the understanding and management of urban and regional systems. It is THE association for GIS Professionals. For more information, visit www.urisa.org.
Mark Your Calendar!
22nd Annual GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
March 19-22, 2018
Hyatt Regency Houston
Savannah, Georgia - February 22-25, 2016
We went back to the 'birthplace' of this conference to celebrate the milestone 20th anniversary. What a wonderful event, with great presentations and valuable discussions. Attendees will receive the Conference Proceedings in mid-April.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - March 2-5, 2015
Jacksonville, Florida - February 24-27, 2014
- Chattanooga, Tennessee - March 6-9, 2017