GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs
URISA is thrilled to partner with the California Geographic Information Association (CGIA) and the four California URISA Chapters - SoCal, NorCal, CentralCal and BayGEO - to present GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs this year! Those five California-based geospatial organizations typically collaborate to present CalGIS each spring, an event that has a long history (nearly 25 years!) of educational and community-building excellence.
Instead of two separate meetings, this year join us for one geospatial super-event!
- GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Program Details
- Exhibit and Sponsorship Details
- Registration & Venue
- Student & Young Professional Opportunities
Preliminary GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Schedule:
- Monday, October 8: URISA Board of Directors' meeting (AM); URISA Committee Coordination & Leadership Meeting (PM); evening networking events; Esri Training
- Tuesday, October 9: Workshops & Training (full and half-day); evening networking events
- Wednesday, October 10: Opening Keynote (Jack Dangermond); concurrent breakout sessions; hosted lunch; exhibition; evening networking events
- Thursday, October 11: Awards Breakfast; concurrent breakout sessions; exhibition; Mappy Hour; evening hosted social event; GISCorps silent auction
- Friday, October 12: Concurrent breakout sessions; closing keynote address; URISA Board of Directors' meeting (PM)
Keynote Speaker: Jack Dangermond
We're pleased to confirm that Esri co-founder, Jack Dangermond, will be the opening keynote speaker on Wednesday, October 10. Don't miss it!
Silent Auction: On Thursday, we will celebrate URISA's GISCorps and host a silent auction to support fundraising for this amazing program! Get ready to bid!
If you have an items(s) to contribute to the auction, please email URISA.
Student & YP Competitions: In addition to valuable meet-ups and networking events , URISA's Vanguard Cabinet of Young Professionals has teamed up with leaders in the education community to organize a valuable program track titled "Inspiring the Future of GIS".
Further, they are sponsoring K-12 and University student competitions and a Young Professional competition! More here.
Call for Presentations: The proposal submission deadline was March 5, 2018. However, feel free to submit a late proposal should an opportunity to present become available.
Thank you to our Southeast Chapters (Florida, Georgia and Carolina URISA) for their support!
- Conference program brochure, click here.
- Online Program
- Thank you to our Canadian Chapters (URISA Ontario, URISA Alberta, and URISA British Columbia) for their support!
URISA and the Northwest GIS User Group were proud to present GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015, October 18-22, 2015 in Spokane, Washington, in cooperation with the Northern Rockies and Washington URISA Chapters. Nearly 450 GIS professionals attended the conference. There was a lot of interaction and discussion and excellent reviews of the educational program. A very positive conference experience! What a fabulous conference! See what you missed: Online Conference Program
GIS-Pro 2014: Leveraging Spatial Technology to Support Sustainable and Resilient Communities
September 8-11, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Click on the logo below for all of the details about GIS-Pro 2014:
Onsite Program Brochure (PDF)
GIS-Pro 2013: Videos... see what you missed!
- GIS-Pro 2013 Ignite Session
- GIS-Pro 2013 Keynote Addresses
- Awards Breakfast & URISA GISCorps Ten Year Anniversary Recognition
- URISA GISCorps Tribute Video!