GIS-Pro Annual Conference
URISA is pleased to announce GIS-Pro 2014: URISA's 52nd Annual Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana, September 8-11, 2014!
Conference Venue: Sheraton New Orleans on Canal Street
Leveraging Spatial Technology to Support Sustainable and Resilient Communities
Explore best practices and techniques to put your organization on the map. Participate in thought-provoking keynotes, intense workshops, important breakout sessions and invaluable discussions. Earn continuing education points and credit toward professional designations and credentialing. Build and nurture business relationships and discover solutions being offered by participating exhibitors and sponsors. Don't miss this learning experience in NOLA!
Coming soon!! The conference program and registration will be available by March 12. The committee recently met to review abstract submissions and develop the educational sessions. They're putting the finishing touches on the details and are looking forward to sharing the program with you!
Present - Even though the deadline to submit abstracts has passed, there are still opportunities to share yourbig ideas, research and success stories. We are particularly interested in your ideas for lightning talks and lunchtime presentations. (Click here for a description of presentation formats.)
Please email your presentation title and abstract to Pat Francis, along with your selected presentation format and contact information to be considered for the conference program.
Volunteer - This summer, we will share opportunities for students to volunteer at the conference (a great opportunity to network with professionals and expand your network) and receive complimentary attendance in return. Stay tuned.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities
There’s still no substitute for face- to-face meetings between two individuals. In addition to presenting within the Solution Central program track, GIS-Pro invites the vendor community to participate as an exhibitor and/or sponsor. Details are coming together and will be available very soon.
- All accepted presenters must submit either a formal paper (preferred but not required) or presentation with notes (i.e. PowerPoint/Prezi) during the conference for inclusion in the conference proceedings. Your session moderator will collect the papers/presentations during the conference on a thumb drive.
- All accepted presenters must register and pay the regular conference registration fee. Acceptance as a presenter does not register you for the conference — registration fees are required. Presenters must register by July 21, 2014 and are encouraged to take advantage of early registration and membership discounts.
- All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
For Budgeting Purposes
Full registration includes attendance at one preconference workshop (normally an additional fee of approximately $200). Workshops will be detailed by March 1.
Full conference registration fee for individuals registering by the early registration date and staying at the Sheraton New Orleans:
- URISA International or LAURISA (Louisiana Chapter) Member $425
- Non-member $500
Student and one-day registration options will be available.
All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
Conference Venue - Sheraton New Orleans
The conference will take place at the Sheraton New Orleans (500 Canal Street) ideally situated for all that New Orleans has to offer. For those of you who attended URISA's 2008 conference ...it's the same hotel, though substantially renovated and upgraded since then!
URISA GIS-Pro Conference room rate: $165 single/double with complimentary in-room Internet for those who reserve within the URISA block. A limited number of government rate rooms have been reserved for GIS-Pro attendees.
Note that the cut-off date for making reservations within the block is August 18.
Click one of the links below to make your hotel reservations online or call (888) 627-7033 and reference URISA to gain access to the group discounted rates:
- Reserve your room at the Sheraton in the GIS-Pro block which includes in-room Internet.
- Reserve a government rate room, including in-room Internet, for GIS-Pro at the Sheraton
Be sure to make note of your hotel confirmation number as you'll need that when registering for the conference!
Everything You Need to Know About GIS-Pro 2014 and New Orleans
GIS-Pro 2013: Videos... see what you missed!
- GIS-Pro 2013 Ignite Session
- GIS-Pro 2013 Keynote Addresses
- Awards Breakfast & URISA GISCorps Ten Year Anniversary Recognition
- URISA GISCorps Tribute Video!
GIS-Pro 2013 (September 16-19 in Providence, Rhode Island) was an outstanding event! Thank you to all of the attendees, speakers, and sponsors who gathered to transform ideas into solutions, and challenges into accomplishments. Over the coming months, we will be showcasing specific presentations (suggested as stellar and important by attendees) through webinars and newsletter articles.
Many thanks to our co-host, the New England Chapter of URISA!
GIS-Pro 2013 Conference Proceedings Coming Soon