Orlando Utilities Commission/IT Department
We are hiring a GIS Supervisor in the GIS Technical Service department of Information Technology!
What is it like to work at OUC?
As one of the top employers in Central Florida, OUC offers stability, career growth, a strong culture of family & work-life balance, employee focused benefits and wellness program, and a hybrid retirement program. Over the last century, as Orlando evolved from a small town into a vibrant city, OUC–The Reliable One has been a community backbone, serving residential and commercial customers with dependable, low-cost electric and water services.
- OUC is an integral part of the Central Florida community serving the city of Orlando and other areas of Orange County with electric and water services along with sustainable alternatives.
- OUC recognizes and rewards employees for their work in the local community.
- OUC fosters an environment of Innovation and forward thinking
- OUC’s vision is to be recognized as the best utility in the nation
- OUC is focused on providing employees a safe and collaborative work environment where personal, family, and professional goals align
GIS Supervisor Job Purpose: Provide leadership, advisement, coordination and oversight to all aspects of GIS Technical Services operations, including but not limited to the entire as-built process; GIS data accuracy and completeness; internal and external map and data requests; GIS analysis and reporting; staff development; performance evaluations.
GIS Supervisor Primary Functions:
- Supervision, training and development of assigned staff. Includes preparing employee performance evaluations
- Manage the work of the team by providing direction on day-to-day activities while ensuring compliance with standard operating procedures and quality development and documentation standards
- Participate in and/or recommend on employee hire, suspension, discharge, reward, and discipline
- Act as a subject matter expert for the ArcGIS/ArcFM platform and the GIS as-built process workflow and standards
- Plan, assign, track, and review work of GIS technicians
- Import/export data, map production and creation, report creation
- Development and implementation of department policies and procedures as related to the responsibilities of the Operations area of GTS
- Develop and monitor standards to ensure data quality
- Refine GIS as-built workflow process as needed for maximum efficiency and high data quality
- Workload balance among staff
- Participate in and help lead regular meetings with GTS Manager and staff
- Assist in the instruction, motivation and training of employees to promote teamwork, good work habits and safe work practices
- Work closely with GTS Technology Lead to establish technology needs
- Enforce work standards and expectations as defined by GTS Manager
- Assume partial responsibilities of the GTS Manager during his/her absence or at his/her direction
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with customers to understand needs and provide superior customer service
- Provide oversight, direction, and support to GIS Technicians
- Participate in GIS steering committee
- Review work of GIS staff for completion, accuracy, and compliance; perform quality control checks
- Provide updates of actions, accomplishments and project statuses to management
- Develop and document standards for mapping; ensure adherence through continual training and verification
- Generate reports of OUC infrastructure data from GIS to assist in capital planning, regulatory compliance, work planning, and data quality control
- Perform other duties as assigned
GIS Supervisor Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, Geography, or other field of study where geospatial principles are applied.
- Minimum of five (5) years of extensive experience in the usage and configuration of Esri ArcGIS.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in the electric and water utility industry
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience as a GIS Technician/Analyst or similar role
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing or supervising teams
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience with Schneider Electric ArcFM GIS is preferred
- Must possess extensive knowledge of the theory, principles, and usage of GIS
- GIS Professional (GISP) certification (preferred)
Working knowledge of all, but not limited to the following:
- Esri and Schneider GIS components
- Weekly summary of work produced, monitoring SLA, and key performance metrics
- Reviewing budget reports
- Requests for proposals, contracts
- Analysis of utility operations and infrastructure practices
- Researching and piloting new technologies
- Supervision of employees to include preparation of performance evaluations and reviewing of time sheets and attendance records
- Hardware/Software applications to include: Esri GIS platform, ArcGIS/ArcFM platform, MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint), MS Visio, Trimble GPS hardware & software
Interested applicants should apply online at https://ouc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=525