URISA is a nonprofit association that provides education and training, a vibrant and connected community, advocacy for geospatial challenges and issues, and essential resources for GIS professionals throughout their careers.
- Professional Education & Training: URISA presents numerous conferences, online offerings and training programs each year. From full and half-day workshops and the five-day URISA GIS Leadership Academy to GIS-Pro and multiple specialty topic and regional GIS conferences, URISA prides itself on delivering exceptional educational and training experiences. Learn more
- Membership: Discounts on educational and training programs, opportunities to contribute to the advancement of the profession, URISA newsletters, and career resources like the GIS Salary Survey. Join today
- Resources: Countless and ever-growing library of publications, conference proceedings, peer-reviewed URISA Journal articles, GIS maturity models and white papers comprise URISA's Body of Knowledge. Learn more
- Community: Get inspired by URISA's GISCorps volunteers making an impact with GIS across the globe; connect with young professionals in our Vanguard Cabinet; let your voice be heard on issues that are vital to the profession; celebrate successes; and make a difference. Start now
Join URISA and get the support you need to advance in your career.
URISA makes an impact:
- URISA established the GIS Hall of Fame to honor persons and organizations that have made significant and original contributions to the development and application of GIS concepts, tools, or resources, or to the GIS profession.
- URISA developed and adopted a A GIS Code of Ethics in 2003 to help guide GIS professionals preserve and enhance public trust in the profession. The Code was subsequently adopted by the GIS Certification Institute as a key part of its program.
- URISA is the founding member of the GIS Certification Institute, the organization that administers professional certification for the field and is dedicated to advancing the industry.
- URISA's GISCorps, which provides volunteer GIS support for underdeveloped countries and to support disaster recovery efforts, was organized as a URISA program in 2003.
- URISA's Vanguard Cabinet (VC) is an advisory board made up of passionate, young geospatial professionals. The VC works to create programs of benefit to young professionals and to enhance overall innovation, collaboration, networking, and professional development opportunities.
- URISA assists government agencies with benchmarking GIS maturity through its GIS Management Institute.
- URISA Chapters are numerous, from Alaska to the Caribbean. Discover a local URISA network and get involved.
- URISA is also a founding member of the Coalition of Geospatial Organizations (COGO). COGO was developed to provide a forum for organizations concerned with U.S. national geospatial issues that will 1) improve communications among the member organizations (and others), 2) provide educational information on relevant issues for their respective memberships, 3) align and strengthen their respective policy agendas, and 4) facilitate development of strategies to address national issues.
Contributions to URISA— a 501(c) (3) organization — are tax deductible as charitable donations.