URISA Announces Call for Presentations for GIS-Pro 2016 in Toronto
URISA is pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for GIS-Pro 2016: URISA's 54th Annual Conference in Toronto, Ontario. The conference will take place at the Westin Harbour Castle October 31-November 3, 2016.
The GIS-Pro 2016 Conference Committee invites your presentation proposals. This year’s conference will once again bring together an international audience of your peers to present, discuss, analyze, and share their experiences, insights, solutions and yes, frustrations in the geospatial arena. Help us get the dialogue going. Presenting at GIS-Pro is rarely a one-way process… your presentation will just be the start of the discussion.
There are numerous presentation formats to fit your style...from formal speaking slots and panel discussions to casual luncheon presentations and IGNITE talks. The Conference Committee has provided the following list to consider as possible presentation topics. The list is not meant to be restrictive, but is provided to stimulate ideas. Feel free to think outside the box. Consider innovations, trends, technical and management topics. Propose ideas geared to GIS beginners, mid-career managers or the leaders in the field.
All proposals received will be reviewed and considered for the conference program.
- Aerial Photography, Remote Sensing, & LIDAR
- Agency Collaboration
- Application Development
- Architecture & Integration
- Best Practices, Certifications, & Continuing Education
- Big Data
- Capital Asset Management
- Career Advancement
- Cartography & Map Design
- Civic Engagement & Public Participation
- Developing quality RFPs and measuring ROI
- Education, particularly K-12 and post-secondary
- Emerging Technologies and the Cloud
- Environmental Conservation and Management
- First Nation GIS
- GIS and 911; Emergency Response; Hazard Mitigation, Fire Management; Earthquake or Flood Response
- Map Publication Systems and Applications
- Mobile Applications & GPS
- Natural Resource Management
- Open Data
- Open Source GIS
- Private Sector Innovations
- Program Management & Planning
- Projects, Implementations, & Strategies
- Public Health
- Renewable Energy & Climate Change
- Smart Cities
- Soft Skills Development
- 3D GIS
- Transportation and Transit
- Urban Planning
- Utilities – Water, Wastewater, Electrical, Gas, Stormwater, Phone, Broadband, etc.
Abstract submissions are due March 1, 2016.
For complete details and an online submission form, visit GIS-Pro 2016 Call for Presentations.