Abstract Submissions Invited for 2017 GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
URISA and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) are pleased to announce the 2017 GIS /CAMA Technologies Conference, March 6-9, 2017 in Chattanooga, Tennessee. For more than twenty years, the organizations have hosted a conference that assists assessment and appraisal professionals in visualizing how they can work more effectively through the use of technology. This conference explores the important role that the integration of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems plays in providing access to data and analysis of information for better decision making within a jurisdiction.
The conference features an exhibition, pre-conference workshops, keynote speakers and a substantial educational program which is developed through a review of abstract submissions received.
The 2017 Conference Committee welcomes the submission of individual papers, complete sessions, panels and lightning talks and has proposed an extensive list of suggested program tracks and topics for consideration (note that all abstracts received will be reviewed and considered for the conference program regardless of the list provided). Topics of interest for all levels of expertise, from beginner to expert are welcomed. As always, International topics are encouraged.
Abstract submissions are requested by September 21.
Themes follow, with detailed topics listed online:
- GIS and CAMA Technologies – Practical Solutions
- Integrating GIS & CAMA Data – Technical Topics
- Parcel / Cadastral Mapping
- Leveraging Emerging Technologies to Mine CAMA and GIS Data
- Using GIS for Sub-parcel Inventory and Analysis
- Valuation and Analysis
- Using Assessor’s CAMA Data and GIS for Emergency Planning
- Administrative Assessment Tasks Incorporating CAMA and GIS
- Personal Development and Leadership Growth Tied to Technology
- Other topics of interest to the GIS and Assessment Professional
Again, these topics are only suggestions. All submissions received will be reviewed and considered for the conference program.
Share your research, projects and ideas with this informed audience. Abstract submissions are invited until September 21. For an online form and additional information, click here.