CalGIS 2019 in Fresno
The URISA chapters in California and the California Geographic Information Association, come together every year to present CalGIS.
CalGIS 2019 will be the milestone 25th annual event. It will take place at the DoubleTree Hilton in Fresno, California and will feature pre-event workshops and training, keynote speakers, an abundance of breakout sessions, and a busy exhibit hall!
- Click here to review the abundance of education on the schedule.
Exhibit & Sponsorship Opportunities:
- Click here for details. Reserve your opportunity soon!
CalGIS 2019 Student Showcase Opportunities – deadline extended to Feb. 27 and two student scholarships available!
- The Student Showcase is a session of 5-7 minutes lightning talks. This is a feature opportunity for students to showcase diverse topics of class projects or research ideas that apply GIS. We encourage both undergraduate and graduate students to submit proposals. It is a great way to let your fellow students and others in the GIS community to know your work in a no-stress environment.
- Submit Your Proposal: If you are interested in giving a student showcase/lightning talk during CalGIS 2019, please send an email to An-Min Wu (email@example.com) with your name, school, current year & major, the title and a brief abstract (up to 200 words) of your talk. The deadline for the submission is Wednesday, February 27, 2019. Notifications of the selected submissions will be sent out in early March.
- CalGIS is offering two complimentary registrations (travel and lodging not included) for two students to attend CalGIS 2019! We will select two qualified applicants randomly for the student scholarships. Students that are currently enrolled part-time or full-time in universities or colleges, and either 1) have submitted a proposal for the student showcase or 2) are scheduled to give a presentation during regular CalGIS sessions are eligible to apply. Interested students should fill out the student scholarship application form at: https://bit.ly/2IragRq
- Need childcare during CalGIS 2019? We're gathering proposals from onsite childcare service providers and need to know the ages of the children and days/times required in order to evaluate options. Please provide those details as soon as possible. Email Pat and note CalGIS Childcare in the subject field. #GISBabies
Registration & Venue
Registration options will range from single day to full conference, with substantial discounts for full-time students, young professionals and members of CGIA or California URISA Chapters.
NEW THIS YEAR! Full registration includes attendance at one full or half-day workshop on Monday, April 8, 2019 (normally an additional fee). Don't miss the opportunity for comprehensive education and training. A second workshop will incur an additional charge of $97.50 for members and $122.50 for non-members.
Full Registration also includes access to the exhibition, all educational sessions, proceedings, networking events, two hosted luncheons, and vendor educational sessions.
Fillable registration form (please use Firefox as your browser )
Venue: DoubleTree Hilton in Fresno, California
Events will take place at the Doubletree Hilton (2233 Ventura Street, Fresno, California, 93721), the largest full-service hotel in the Central Valley, located in the heart of California, just off of Highways 41 and 99.
The venue offers easy access to Fresno Yosemite International Airport (a complimentary airport shuttle is available for registered guests), Fresno State University and shopping, dining and entertainment options in the Tower District. The full-service Fresno hotel is within driving distance of Kings Canyon National Park, Yosemite National Park and Sequoia National Park.
CalGIS negotiated an affordable $139 single/double hotel room rate (with complimentary wifi access) at the hotel for CalGIS attendees. The group rate will be available until March 24 or until the room block is depleted.
A limited number of government per-diem rooms are available. For State and Federal employees who wish to reserve a sleeping room at the per-diem rate, email Pat Francis with your arrival and departure date ASAP. Include CalGIS Government Room in the subject. Upon check-in, you must present a work ID and credit card for payment of your stay.
Make your reservations via this online link
Call for Presentation Proposals:
- Click here for details and submission form. Due on or before January 9. (deadline passed; late submissions may be considered)
Fresno is a city in California's San Joaquin Valley. Created in the early 1900s, Forestiere Underground Gardens consists of Roman-catacombs-inspired subterranean passages and courtyards. Fresno Chaffee Zoo has sea lions and a stingray touch pool. Sprawling, trail-lined Woodward Park is home to the Shinzen Japanese Garden. The city is a base for Yosemite National Park, with its waterfalls and giant rock formations. Start planning your visit today!
- Top 25 Things to Do in Fresno (Crazy Tourist)
- 6 Must-Visit Fresno County Museums and Galleries
- 10 Best Tourist Attractions in Fresno, California
- Southern California Chapter of URISA
- Northern California Chapter of URISA
- Central California Chapter of URISA
- BayGeo/BAAMA - Chapter of URISA
- California Geographic Information Association (CGIA)
Curious about CalGIS 2018? It was presented in partnership with URISA's GIS-Pro: October 9-12, 2018 in Palm Springs, CA!
2017 - Oakland, California (Click here)
2016 - Anaheim, California (Program)
- CalGIS 2016 Online Program - check out what you missed!
2015 - Sacramento, California (Program)
2014 - Monterey, California (Program)
2013 - Long Beach, California (Program)
2012 - Sacramento, California (Program)
2011 - Fresno, California (Program)
2010 - Huntington Beach, California (Program)
2009 - Sacramento, California (Program)
2008 - Modesto, California
2007 - Oakland, California
2006 - Santa Barbara, California
2005 - Bakersfield, California
2004 - San Jose, California