GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
Annual Conference for Professionals in Property Assessment, Tax Administration, Mapping and Information Technology
The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) partner together to provide a conference that assists assessment and appraisal professionals in visualizing how they can work more effectively through the use of technology. This conference explores the important role that integration of Geographic Information System (GIS) and Computer Assisted Mass Appraisal (CAMA) systems plays in providing access to data and analysis of information for better decision making within a jurisdiction.
Mark your calendar! We're heading to Portland in 2019.
Submit a workshop and/or presentation proposal for GIS/CAMA 2019:
- Workshop proposals were due on or by August 1, 2018.
- Presentation proposals are due on or by October 15, 2018 (slight extension to 9AM CDT on October 22)
For complete details and online submission forms, click here.
Why Attend? Here's what some of the attendees in Houston (March 2018) had to say:
- It is far better than any local conference I have attended. Go to this conference to see what a "real" conference is like.
- Best conference to attend all year! Great that it is both GIS/CAMA and so relevant!
- Definitely attend, I learned a lot of valuable information. The GIS/CAMA conference is a great resource to keep up with the trends and make connections to help navigate the GIS and CAMA connection.
- I would say that this is a good opportunity to learn about existing technology and some of the challenges that assessment areas are facing. The integration of GIS and CAMA is extremely
important and having the two specialty groups at the conference was a nice blend of sessions and people.
- It is interesting to see what others have done and maybe we don't have to reinvent the wheel.
- I've met many of the best professional contacts at GIS/CAMA. It's great to share ideas & inspiration with others who "get what you do."
- It’s a great user-led conference for applicable solutions.
- These conferences are the best way to network with people that have a similar job but may have an insight that makes your job better.
- GIS/CAMA is a must attend for any assessment office that is maximizing its budgetary resources by leveraging technology to achieve the proper balance of people, time, and money.
- You can't learn everything from Google. You actually have to get out and meet with other professionals experiencing similar challenges in the workplace.
For Budgeting Purposes
Registration options will range from single day to full conference, with substantial discounts for full-time students and members of URISA International or IAAO.
NEW THIS YEAR! Full registration includes attendance at one full or half-day workshop on Monday, February 25, 2019 (normally an additional $195 fee). Don't miss the opportunity for comprehensive education and training. Full Registration also includes access to the exhibition, all educational sessions, proceedings, receptions, social event, luncheon, and vendor educational sessions.
- Registration will open this Fall.
Venue: Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Events will take place at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront (1401 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201). Beautifully redesigned, the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront is set along the Willamette River andnear the city's unique neighborhoods and top city attractions like the Keller Auditorium, Riverplace Marina, Portland State University, the Moda Center, the International Rose Test Garden, Pearl District, and Portland Zoo.
The conference negotiated an amazingly affordable $189 single/double hotel room rate at the hotel for GIS/CAMA attendees. The group rate will be available until February 1 or until the room block is depleted. An online reservation link will be provided when registration opens.
We know it can be challenging to gain approval to attend training and conferences. But we also know that organizations that invest in their employees' professional development benefit from better retention and improved operations/efficiencies from knowledge gained.
When conferences visit Portland, attendance records are typically shattered. That's because everyone wants to visit!
In Portland, it’s easy to find limitless recreation, fabulous food, craft beer and flourishing culture. See for yourself, and come early or stay late to enjoy all that Portland has to offer. With no sales tax, Portland is a haven for shoppers. You’ll find retailers large and small, international and indie within easy reach of downtown hotels. The nearby Pearl District is home to galleries, boutiques, chic restaurants and the legendary Powell’s City of Books. An award-winning airport, efficient light rail system and pedestrian-friendly city blocks in the central city make getting around town a real pleasure.
Start planning your free time now! - if you start now, you might have enough time to get organized by February!
The International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) is a non-profit research and educational association. Established in 1934, IAAO's mission is to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal as well as property tax policy and administration through professional development, education, research and technical assistance.
URISA is a multi-disciplinary geospatial organization that provides professional education and training, a vibrant and connected community, advocacy for geospatial challenges and issues, and essential resources. URISA fosters excellence in GIS and engages geospatial professionals throughout their careers.
"Houston, we have a solution!"
Houston, Texas - March 19-22, 2018
- Onsite Conference Program
- Conference Program - check out the details about workshops, breakout sessions, events, and speaker bios!
Chattanooga, Tennessee - March 6-9, 2017
Savannah, Georgia - February 22-25, 2016
We went back to the 'birthplace' of this conference to celebrate the milestone 20th anniversary. What a wonderful event, with great presentations and valuable discussions. Attendees will receive the Conference Proceedings in mid-April.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma - March 2-5, 2015
Jacksonville, Florida - February 24-27, 2014