GIS-Pro 2020: Registration
The cost to participate – for attendees and our partners – has been significantly reduced in order to make it easier for you all to attend. In addition, you won't have the the added cost of travel and lodging.
To URISA Members who have been impacted by work furloughs during the COVID-19 outbreak: URISA is your professional home and we are all here to support you. Please contact Verlanda McBride if you are out of work because of the pandemic for a complimentary GIS-Pro registration. Further, don't hesitate to reach out to your fellow members for support, connections, and job opportunities within the members-only URISA Connect platform.
Workshops will take place on September 23 & 24 and October 6 & 7. One workshop (whether full or half-day) is included with full conference registration. When registering, you must select your preferred workshop or indicate that you do not wish to attend a workshop. First-come first served based on availability (capacity is limited for each). The two full-day workshops include an hour-long lunch break. Schedule is in Central Time.
Wednesday, September 23
- Best Practices for GIS Project Planning and Management (9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon)
- NG911 & the GIS Workflow (9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon)
- GIS in Emergency Management (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
- Microsoft Project™ Software Tutorial (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
Thursday, September 24
- Experimental Learning Techniques to be More Effective (9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon)
- Introduction to GIS for Equity and Social Justice (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
- Navigating a Virtual Landscape for your GIS Career (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
Tuesday, October 6
- Building Community Using Geospatial Tools (9:00 AM – 12:00 Noon)
- Unpacking the NENA NG911 GIS Data Model (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Full Day)
- Changes Afoot After 2022: State Plane and the Death of the U.S. Survey Foot (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
Wednesday, October 7
- Preparing for GISP Certification (9:00 AM – 4:00 PM – Full Day)
- Coordinate Systems and Projections (1:00 – 4:00 PM)
Significant Savings! Normal member registration fees for the in-person GIS-Pro are $500/$350/$100 for each category above.
Registration options full conference, with substantial discounts for full-time students, young professional members (35 or younger) and members of URISA.
- Full Registration includes attendance at one pre or post-conference workshop. Register early as classroom size is limited.
- Full Registration also includes access to all educational sessions, proceedings, networking events and the Virtual Partner Showcase.
- Significant discounts are offered to URISA members.
- All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
- PDF Registration Form
- Online Registration
- Fillable Form (please use Firefox as your browser to complete this form)
Note that all registrations must be paid in full before receiving event access.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: All cancellations must be received in writing via email before September 21, 2020 in order to receive a refund, less a $25 processing fee. No refunds after September 21, 2020.
Detailed GIS-Pro 2020 Conference Agenda