GIS-Pro 2021: October 3-6, 2021
Of course the health and safety of URISA members, leaders, and staff remains of utmost importance. If pandemic health and safety concerns have been minimized (or eliminated), we all hope to meet in Baltimore in October for URISA's 59th Annual Conference, GIS-Pro 2021.
Sponsorship Details Coming Soon
Registration will open in April
We are so ready to meet in person in Baltimore!!!
Click on the Image above for a Site History StoryMap created by Alyssa Randall and Ashley Hitt
- Tuesday, September 29: Martin O'Malley, Former Governor of Maryland
- Wednesday, September 30: Chris Vaughan, Geographic Information Officer for the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Friday, October 2: Juliana Blackwell, Director of the National Geodetic Survey
Featured panel discussions focused on Racial Equity & GIS, Contact Tracing, GIS Ethics, and Redistricting, and dozens of concurrent sessions were on the agenda with live Q&A. Sessions will be available on demand for GIS-Pro 2020 registrants after the conference, so you can catch up on the presentations you may have missed during the conference.
We can't thank our sponsors and partners enough for their generosity and willingness to share insights and solutions with our participants.
GIS-Pro 2019 took place September 28-October 2, 2019 in New Orleans, Louisiana.
Huge thank you to the conference committee (led by John Nolte, Ashley Hitt, and Judy Colby-George), our sponsors, exhibitors, speakers, instructors and all of the participants who collectively made #GISPro2019 a memorable and valuable conference.
- Detailed Conference Agenda, Speaker Directory, Sponsors & Exhibitors
- Conference Overview (with lots of photos) in the September/October issue of The GIS Professional
URISA was thrilled to partner with the California Geographic Information Association (CGIA) and the four California URISA Chapters - SoCal, NorCal, CentralCal and BayGEO - to present GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs! Those five California-based geospatial organizations typically collaborate to present CalGIS each spring, an event that has a long history (nearly 25 years!) of educational and community-building excellence.
Instead of two separate meetings, we collaborated on one geospatial super-event and it was fantastic!
- GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Program Details - check out the full program to see what you missed!
- Peruse event images
- Learn about CalGIS 2019 in Fresno
Thank you to our Southeast Chapters (Florida, Georgia and Carolina URISA) for their support!
URISA and the Northwest GIS User Group were proud to present GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015, October 18-22, 2015 in Spokane, Washington, in cooperation with the Northern Rockies and Washington URISA Chapters. Nearly 450 GIS professionals attended the conference. There was a lot of interaction and discussion and excellent reviews of the educational program. A very positive conference experience! What a fabulous conference! See what you missed: Online Conference Program
GIS-Pro 2014: Leveraging Spatial Technology to Support Sustainable and Resilient Communities
September 8-11, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Click on the logo below for all of the details about GIS-Pro 2014:
Onsite Program Brochure (PDF)
GIS-Pro 2013: Videos... see what you missed!
- GIS-Pro 2013 Ignite Session
- GIS-Pro 2013 Keynote Addresses
- Awards Breakfast & URISA GISCorps Ten Year Anniversary Recognition
- URISA GISCorps Tribute Video!