GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs
URISA is thrilled to partner with the California Geographic Information Association (CGIA) and the four California URISA Chapters - SoCal, NorCal, CentralCal and BayGEO - to present GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs this year! Those five California-based geospatial organizations typically collaborate to present CalGIS each spring, an event that has a long history (nearly 25 years!) of educational and community-building excellence.
Instead of two separate meetings, this year join us for one geospatial super-event!
- GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Program Details
- Exhibit and Sponsorship Details
- Registration & Venue
- Student & Young Professional Opportunities
- Young Professional Scholarship
- What's New: Certification, Childcare, Silent Auction
Preliminary GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 Schedule:
- Monday, October 8: URISA Board of Directors' meeting (AM); URISA Committee Coordination & Leadership Meeting (PM); evening networking events; Esri Training
- Tuesday, October 9: Workshops & Training (full and half-day); evening networking events
- Wednesday, October 10: Opening Keynote (Jack Dangermond); concurrent breakout sessions; hosted lunch; exhibition; evening networking events
- Thursday, October 11: Awards Breakfast; concurrent breakout sessions; exhibition; Mappy Hour; evening hosted social event; GISCorps silent auction
- Friday, October 12: Concurrent breakout sessions; closing keynote address; URISA Board of Directors' meeting (PM)
Keynote Speaker: Jack Dangermond
As always, this event earns ample Education points toward GISP initial certification and renewal. In addition, presenting at the event earns Contribution points, as does serving as a volunteer on the planning committee. Learn more about GIS professional certification via the GIS Certification Institute.
If you are considering pursuing GIS professional certification, consider attending this full-day workshop in Palm Springs to get the scoop: Preparing for GISP Certification.
AICP-CM Approved Credits:
The American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) is the American Planning Association's (APA) professional institute and provides the only nationwide, independent verification of planners' qualifications. Certified planners pledge to uphold high standards of practice, ethics, and professional conduct, and to keep their skills sharp and up to date by continuously pursuing advanced professional education. The Certification Maintenance program links AICP-certified planners to education and training opportunities so they may earn mandatory credits and remain current with the latest trends, technologies, and best practices
URISA is an approved Certification Maintenance (CM) provider and the program in Palm Springs was approved for 90.5 AICP-CM credits (about twice as many as previous events)! For the breakdown, click here or download the PDF summary.
Silent Auction: On Thursday, we will celebrate URISA's GISCorps and host a silent auction to support fundraising for this amazing program! Get ready to bid!
If you have an items(s) to contribute to the auction, please email URISA.
Student & YP Competitions: In addition to valuable meet-ups and networking events , URISA's Vanguard Cabinet of Young Professionals has teamed up with leaders in the education community to organize a valuable program track titled "Inspiring the Future of GIS".
Further, they are sponsoring K-12 and University student competitions and a Young Professional competition! More here.
Call for Presentations: The proposal submission deadline was March 5, 2018. However, feel free to submit a late proposal should an opportunity to present become available.
Thank you to our Southeast Chapters (Florida, Georgia and Carolina URISA) for their support!
- Conference program brochure, click here.
- Online Program
- Thank you to our Canadian Chapters (URISA Ontario, URISA Alberta, and URISA British Columbia) for their support!
URISA and the Northwest GIS User Group were proud to present GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015, October 18-22, 2015 in Spokane, Washington, in cooperation with the Northern Rockies and Washington URISA Chapters. Nearly 450 GIS professionals attended the conference. There was a lot of interaction and discussion and excellent reviews of the educational program. A very positive conference experience! What a fabulous conference! See what you missed: Online Conference Program
GIS-Pro 2014: Leveraging Spatial Technology to Support Sustainable and Resilient Communities
September 8-11, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Click on the logo below for all of the details about GIS-Pro 2014:
Onsite Program Brochure (PDF)
GIS-Pro 2013: Videos... see what you missed!
- GIS-Pro 2013 Ignite Session
- GIS-Pro 2013 Keynote Addresses
- Awards Breakfast & URISA GISCorps Ten Year Anniversary Recognition
- URISA GISCorps Tribute Video!