GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018: Registration & Venue
Registration options range from single day to full conference, with substantial discounts for full-time students, young professional members (35 or younger) and members of URISA International, CGIA and/or California URISA Chapter members.
Full registration includes attendance at one full or half-day workshop on Tuesday (normally an additional $200 fee).
Full Registration also includes access to all educational sessions, proceedings, Wednesday luncheon and networking reception, Thursday awards breakfast, Exhibit Hall Mappy Hour, and evening social event.
The best value for registration is for members who are staying at the conference hotel or who reside locally.
- Registrations received after October 5 or onsite will incur an additional $50 fee.
- All participants must read and abide by the URISA Event Code of Conduct to promote a respectful experience for all.
Registration Fee Table:
We know it can be challenging to gain approval to attend training and conferences. But we also know that organizations that invest in their employees' professional development benefit from better retention and improved operations from knowledge gained.
- Register online no longer available
- Downloadable registration form complete and bring on-site to the conference
Note that all registrations must be paid in full before you receive your name badge and registration materials onsite.
Cancellation & Refund Policy: All cancellations must be received in writing at URISA Headquarters on or before August 31, 2018 in order to receive a refund, less a $100 processing fee (a $25 fee for cancelled workshop registrations). No refunds after August 31, 2018.
Child Care: Be sure to check the box on the registration form or email Wendy if you are interested in taking advantage of onsite childcare services during the event. #GISBabies #FamilyFriendly
Venue: Palm Springs Convention Center and Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel
The Renaissance Palm Springs Hotel lies at the foot of the San Jacinto Mountains. Enjoy easy access to museums, art galleries and activities in and around downtown. There are so many dining and entertainment options within a short walk from the hotel. The Renaissance Palm Springs offers a desert resort atmosphere with a cosmopolitan flair.
Events will take place at the Renaissance Palm Springs (888 Tahquitz Canyon Way, Palm Springs, California 92262 USA) and the Palm Springs Convention Center, which is attached to the hotel. For anyone who has attended an Esri Business Partner or Developers' Conference, it's the same venue.
URISA negotiated an amazingly affordable $179 single/double hotel room rate at the Renaissance Palm Springs for GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 attendees, including wifi access.
(A limited number of government per diem rate hotel rooms were available, however those have been filled.)
Note that, as of September 15, the room block is full. You can try to reserve via the link below, but it is unlikely that you'll have success.
Please email URISA HQ to be connected to the group reservations coordinator at the hotel. Include your arrival and departure dates.
- Reserve your room first as your Hotel reservation number is required to receive the conference registration best value rate.
- The hotel rates shown above are final. If you happen to receive an email or phone call from an outside organization about booking hotel rooms for GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018, it is a SCAM. Do not respond. Rooms for the conference are available only through the Reservations Link above.
Parking: On-site parking, fee: 18 USD daily/ Valet parking, fee: 36 USD daily
Getting to Palm Springs:
You have numerous options. Check out airfares from your location directly to Palm Springs or to 4 other SoCal airports in order to take advantage of the most affordable and convenient travel plan.
Palm Springs International Airport (PSP)
- Distance to hotel: 1.5 miles
- Airport shuttle service, on request, complimentary, Mon-Sun: 05:00 AM - 10:00 PM
Call the hotel at (760) 322-6000 when you have your luggage and ask for shuttle pickup.
- Estimated taxi fare: 7 USD (one way)
With 10 top airlines providing nonstop service from 18 cities, the Palm Springs International Airport (PSP) connects to more than 500 destinations around the world. And their airlift is growing. By traveling through the Palm Springs International Airport, you can leave behind the long lines and wait times and instead enjoy the airport’s open-air design. Stroll along outdoor walkways and relax in the landscaped courtyards, while enjoying the airport’s gardens, water features and original artwork. (And it is only a mile and a half to the hotel!) The airport’s tranquil environment is just one of the reasons why Palm Springs International Airport was named one of the Top 10 Most Stress-Free Airports in America by SmarterTraveler.com.
Additionally, there are four other major airports in Southern California that offer convenient access to Greater Palm Springs:
- ONT: Ontario International Airport (1 hour 15 minute drive)
- SNA: John Wayne Airport – Orange County (1 hour 30 minute drive)
- LAX: Los Angeles International Airport (2 hour drive)
- Consider FlixBus for inexpensive bus transportation $4.99 each way)
- SAN: San Diego International Airport [2 hour 15 minute drive]
As long as you can connect with US Interstate 10 (I-10), you can easily drive to the Greater Palm Springs area. The region is a surprisingly quick getaway from many large metropolitan areas in the Southwest.
Driving Times from Major Cities:
- Los Angeles – 2 hours
- San Diego – 2 hours 15 minutes
- Newport Beach – 1 hour 45 minutes
- Anaheim – 1 hour 45 minutes
- San Bernardino – 1 hour
- Riverside – 1 hour
- Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona – 4 hours
- Las Vegas, Nevada – 4 hours
About Palm Springs
You’ll discover plenty of things to do in Palm Springs. Thanks to the abundance of sunny days and warm weather, Greater Palm Springs and the Coachella Valley are a year-round playground for those who enjoy being active—and those who don’t.
From amazing art and culture to incredible outdoor adventures, you'll find plenty of things to do during your stay. Tee off at one of the more than 110 local golf courses, swing a tennis racquet on the same tennis courts where legends have played, find your bliss at an area spa, explore the desert on a sightseeing tour, take a trip to The Living Desert Zoo and Botanical Garden, or visit museums and boutique shops in Palm Springs. You can even try your luck at one of several local casinos around the Coachella Valley. Scan the options below to start creating your ideal Oasis getaway.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- California Deserts: Unlike anywhere else in the state, or for that matter the world, the California Deserts are a theme park unto its own. The region lures visitors to elevations of thousands of feet above to more than 280 feet/85 m below sea level, offers health and wellness in the natural hot mineral waters that bubble to its surface, and lays claim to hundreds of old mines and ghost towns hidden in its mysterious hills and valleys.
- Get outside and find your perfect trail.
- Take a tour: Palm Springs is a mecca for art and midcentury modern architecture. Take a celebrity tour and see where Frank Sinatra lived
There is so much to do in Palm Springs!
Check out this Story Map of Palm Springs attractions. You might want to extend your visit!