GIS/CAMA Technologies Conference
Annual Conference for Professionals in Property Assessment, Tax Administration, Mapping and Information Technology
The Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (URISA) and the International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) partner each year to discuss the importance of data and the analysis of location information for better decision-making within a jurisdiction.
Join us this February in beautiful Portland, Oregon!
Plan your agenda today Start reviewing the workshop and training opportunities, the keynote addresses (including a discussion on the Geospatial Data Act and a comprehensive look at the effects of legal marijuana in jurisdictions), professional development and networking events, and the abundance of concurrent breakout sessions in these focused program tracks:
- GIS Technologies
- Modeling & Valuation
- Planning, Administration & Leadership
- Technology Showcase
New this year: One full or half-day workshop on Monday, February 25 is included with your registration.
- Improving Appraisal Performance: Intuitively Understanding and Enhancing Sales Ratio Studies with GIS (no longer accepting registrations, exceeded capacity)
- Introduction to GIS for Assessment Professionals
- Preparing for GISP Certification - special opportunity for emerging professionals interested in pursuing their GISP certification.
- Parcel Fabric (half-day - PM)
- NEW Extending the Capabilities and Offerings of your GIS: A guided tour of Esri’s Developer Resources - (half-day - AM)
- Registration & Venue
- Exhibit & Sponsor Opportunities
- Start planning your free time...there is so much to do in Portland!
Why Attend? Here's what some of the attendees in Houston (March 2018) had to say:
- It is far better than any local conference I have attended. Go to this conference to see what a "real" conference is like.
- Best conference to attend all year! Great that it is both GIS/CAMA and so relevant!
- Definitely attend, I learned a lot of valuable information. The GIS/CAMA conference is a great resource to keep up with the trends and make connections to help navigate the GIS and CAMA connection.
- I've met many of the best professional contacts at GIS/CAMA. It's great to share ideas & inspiration with others who "get what you do."
- These conferences are the best way to network with people that have a similar job but may have an insight that makes your job better.
- GIS/CAMA is a must attend for any assessment office that is maximizing its budgetary resources by leveraging technology to achieve the proper balance of people, time, and money.
- You can't learn everything from Google. You actually have to get out and meet with other professionals experiencing similar challenges in the workplace.
Registration and Venue
Registration options will range from single day to full conference, with substantial discounts for full-time students, young professionals and members of URISA International or IAAO.
NEW THIS YEAR:
Full registration includes attendance at one full or half-day workshop on Monday, February 25, 2019 (normally an additional $195 fee). Don't miss the opportunity for comprehensive education and training. Full Registration also includes access to the exhibition, all educational sessions, proceedings, receptions, social event, luncheon, and vendor educational sessions.
Discounted registration for young professional members of IAAO and/or URISA!
- Team Registration Discounts: If registering 3 or more individuals from the same organization for the full conference, receive a $100 discount off of each registration. Team registrations must be submitted together, with payment, by February 1.
- Early bird discounts through January 2! (Register online or send your registration form in with a check for payment, postmarked by January 2)
Fillable registration form (please use Firefox as your browser to complete this form)
Venue: Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront
Events will take place at the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront (1401 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97201). Beautifully redesigned, the Portland Marriott Downtown Waterfront is set along the Willamette River and near the city's unique neighborhoods and top city attractions like the Keller Auditorium, Riverplace Marina, Portland State University, the Moda Center, the International Rose Garden, Pearl District, and Portland Zoo.
The conference negotiated an amazingly affordable $189 single/double hotel room rate at the hotel for GIS/CAMA attendees. The group rate will be available until February 1 (slight extension to February 14, due to recent weather issues) or until the room block is depleted.
Make your reservations via this online link
Justification: We know it can be challenging to gain approval to attend training and conferences. But we also know that organizations that invest in their employees' professional development benefit from better retention and improved operations/efficiencies from knowledge gained.
When conferences visit Portland, attendance records are typically shattered. That's because everyone wants to visit!
In Portland, it’s easy to find limitless recreation, fabulous food, craft beer and flourishing culture.
See for yourself, and come early or stay late to enjoy all that Portland has to offer. With no sales tax, Portland is a haven for shoppers. You’ll find retailers large and small, international and indie within easy reach of downtown hotels. The nearby Pearl District is home to galleries, boutiques, chic restaurants and the legendary Powell’s City of Books.
An award-winning airport, efficient light rail system and pedestrian-friendly city blocks in the central city make getting around town a real pleasure.
Start planning your free time now! - if you start now, you might have enough time to get organized by February!
Consider any number of incredible day tours to get the most out of your trip to Portland.
Check out this handy list cultivated by Travel Portland for anything from winery and brewery tours to nature excursions!
The International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) is a non-profit research and educational association. Established in 1934, IAAO's mission is to promote innovation and excellence in property appraisal as well as property tax policy and administration through professional development, education, research and technical assistance.
URISA is a multi-disciplinary geospatial organization that provides professional education and training, a vibrant and connected community, advocacy for geospatial challenges and issues, and essential resources. URISA fosters excellence in GIS and engages geospatial professionals throughout their careers.
"Houston, we have a solution!"
Houston, Texas - March 19-22, 2018
- Onsite Conference Program
- Conference Program - check out the details about workshops, breakout sessions, events, and speaker bios!
Chattanooga, Tennessee - March 6-9, 2017
Savannah, Georgia - February 22-25, 2016
We went back to the 'birthplace' of this conference to celebrate the milestone 20th anniversary. What a wonderful event, with great presentations and valuable discussions. Attendees will receive the Conference Proceedings in mid-April.