The GIS Management Handbook - Second Edition
URISA is pleased to announce the release of the second edition of The GIS Management Handbook. This is a major revision of the 2009 book* by author Peter Croswell. The book has greatly expanded and updated content and comes with a valuable set of supplemental digital materials. It is a valuable resource and tool for practitioners in all types of organizations and is suitable for use in upper level college and university courses.
This book is a comprehensive guide and reference to the field of GIS management. It provides practical information on the development, implementation, and operation of GIS programs and projects—for a full range of public sector, not-for-profit, and private sector organizations and companies. This book takes a practical approach providing clear descriptions of concepts, issues, and practices that may be used in operational to improve and maximize the efficiency of GIS programs and projects.
Who should read this book?
- Current GIS program and project managers
- GIS users and technical staff who are transitioning into a management role or are planning to do so
- IT managers and support personnel with a requirement to understand more about GIS programs
- Consultants and contractors providing products and services to organizations using GIS
- Academicians and students in upper-level undergraduate and graduate GIS courses and certificate programs
What Readers Say:
The book covers all pertinent topics, including: a) organizational structures, b) program governance, c) strategic and implementation planning, d) project planning and management, e) funding and financial management, f) communications, g) human resources and staff management, h) legal concerns, policies, and standards, i) technical management and administration, and j) GIS office operations.. A full chapter on additional resources provides an excellent guide to GIS and IT organizations, Web sites, and publications, and a well-organized set of suggested readings.
In addition, those who acquire this book will be given access to a comprehensive library of “supplemental digital materials”—actual documents, spreadsheets, and graphics that provide real-world examples and tools on topics covered in the book.
Order a Copy Today
Author: Peter L. Croswell, PMP, GISP, CMS
Published by Kessey Dewitt Publications in association with URISA, 460 pp.
2019, ISBN13: 978-0-9824093-1-2
Price: $175 plus $10 shipping and handling for U.S. mailing addresses; $45 for Canada; contact URISA for international orders.
- Discounts available for bulk orders and for college/university faculty and students). Contact URISA for details.