GIS Functional Support Specialist
LOCATION: Montgomery County Information Technology
SALARY: $ 55,458.00 annually (EXEMPT)
Montgomery County Government adopted the State of Tennessee’s Hybrid Retirement Plan to be effective January 1, 2017. Any new full-time employee hired on or after January 1, 2017 will be required to enroll. As a member of the Hybrid Plan, you are required to contribute at least 5% of your salary to the defined benefit portion of the Hybrid Plan. Contributions are made on a tax-deferred basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS Portal
- Strong understanding of GIS concepts and spatial data.
- Ability to remain current in other county departments’ GIS workflows as well as advances in GIS technology.
Knowledge of common GIS standards
- Microsoft SQL Server experience required, to include SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and T-SQL experience
Client installs of ArcMap and ArcGIS Pro
- Management of Production DB as well as relevant shapefiles
- Ability to employ exceptionally strong troubleshooting skills towards efficient and timely resolution of community GIS problems.
- Knowledge of HTML and various web development languages such as ASP.NET.
- Knowledge of relational databases.
- Ability to accurately write, modify, test and document spatial analysis/reporting tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
- Ability to understand and use web-based application software.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical county departments and agencies to derive solutions to technology issues.
- Ability to initiate objectives with minimal supervision.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, computer technology, GIS or related field or bachelor’s degree with five years of job-related experience and coursework in computer technology
- Knowledge of Enterprise GIS systems.
- Advanced knowledge of the use of spreadsheets, database software, query (SQL) and spatial database tools.
To apply for the position go to https://mcgtn.org/human-resources/employment