ECORP Consulting, Inc. San Diego, California - NEW UPDATE
ECORP offers excellent benefits, medical, dental, vision, FSA’s, 401(k) with employer discretionary match, life insurance, long term disability and other benefits in addition to a competitive salary, and a team-oriented atmosphere
ECORP is looking for a GIS Specialist to add to our San Diego Office. We are looking for a motivated, self-starter who enjoys working both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced atmosphere. The ECORP mapping department prides itself on providing efficient, accurate and organized mapping products to our internal and external clients. As part of the ECORP mapping team you will have the opportunity to work with a varied group of private clients and state and federal agencies on projects throughout the Western United States. ECORP utilizes the tools available in ArcGIS and AutoCAD to solve problems and answer questions informing our natural resources, cultural resources, and regulatory permitting groups. The mapping department works as a team on a centralized server allowing GIS specialists and analysts in different offices to work across multiple projects, while maintaining data and style continuity across the organization.
- Synthesize a variety of GIS data for use in analysis and mapping products for multi-disciplinary departments within the organization.
- Work within the established rigorous QA and QC processes to and ensure accuracy of data and maps for inclusion in reports and presentations.
- Produce high quality cartographic products for reports, meetings, and presentations.
- Conduct a variety of geoprocessing and GIS analysis tasks.
- Manage maps and data in ArcGIS Online, and produce web maps for use in ArcGIS Collector.
- Multi-task and work within a fast-paced environment
- Coordinate GIS functions and uses with other departments, agencies/jurisdictions, engineers, developers, and the general public; provide GIS support and identify and resolve related concerns.
- A Bachelor’s degree in either GIS, Geography or related environmental field plus a minimum of 3-4 year of professional experience using ESRI ArcGIS to produce data and map products.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS Desktop, extensions, and geoprocessing tools.
- Familiarity with AutoCAD, and MS Access and office products.
- Must have a good understanding of GIS best practices and standards.
- Must have previous environmental consulting experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong data management and cartographic skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Link to job advertisement: http://www.ecorpconsulting.com/careers/sandiegocareer.html