Campus Space/GIS Coordinator
University of California, Riverside, CA
Full-Time Position – 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Salary: $54,950 - $76,450
Description: The Campus Space/GIS Coordinator is responsible for providing support to both the Campus Space Manager and Campus GIS Manager. The Campus Space/GIS Coordinator is responsible for providing support for UCR's Facilities Management and GIS System as well as performing technical analysis. The position will also support the Planning, Design and Construction staff through completion of ad hoc assignments that support the development of master planning and/or project proposals. The Campus Space/GIS Coordinator work with a certain level of autonomy.
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
- 2 - 4 years of related experience.
- 2 years of experience using Esri or GIS related software to include designing, creating, maintaining and analyzing geospatial and tabular data preferred.
- Experience using drafting programs such as AutoCAD preferred.
- Experience with enterprise geodatabases including ArcGIS Server preferred.
- Experience writing GIS script and/or application programs preferred.
- Experience with visual communication such as infographics or experience with image editing software such as Adobe Illustrator preferred.
Special Condition Requirements:
- Must pass a background check.
- Ability to travel to conferences, seminars, trainings and other UC business related meetings.
- Ability to travel around campus and/or affiliated sites.
- Demonstrates ability to analyze, research and synthesize large amounts of data with strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in ability to use discretion and maintain all confidentiality.
- Proficient in ability to multi-task with demanding timeframes.
- Demonstrates ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns.
- Proficient in communication and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Working knowledge of applicable policy analysis techniques.
- Broad knowledge of many aspects of computing and communications.
- Demonstrated effective organization and project management skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail. Demonstrated ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to assess campus, medical center or Office of the President needs for information technology products and design services to meet those needs.
- Requires strong writing to develop documentation for technical and non-technical staff.
- Customer service oriented with strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively with a wide variety of individuals.
- Ability to prepare documentation for reporting and presentations in various formats including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to work collaboratively as part of a group and the ability to be self-directed.
- Working knowledge of common organization- or research-specific and other computer application programs.
- Familiarity with campus or city planning, facilities inventory and management systems.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities ‘air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey.
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked school
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: http://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/compensation-and-benefits
Job Description Details: View complete Job Description for this position (https://irecruitportal.ucr.edu/irecruit/!Controller?action=jobs_template&page=CT_job_description&requisition_id=201811275904)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/f7rhpcjgpf7zgbkk