Brandman University is a non-profit institution with a mission to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers. Brandman University provides adult learners with broader access to quality higher education with cutting-edge curricula driven by innovative pedagogy and technology. Brandman has focused on developing an innovative curriculum approach for our programs, using a blended format of online and face-to-face instruction at more than 25 campuses located in California and Washington. For more information, visit us at www.brandman.edu.
Responsibilities of Brandman University full-time faculty include teaching, mentoring and service. Research is supported but not required. All Faculty positions are non-tenure track, normally hired at the rank of assistant professor. We offer competitive salaries with generous benefits.
Full-time Faculty Opening: Business Data Analytics
School of Business and Professional Studies
(Location: California Campus to be determined by selection of best qualified candidate and student need)
Minimum requirements for the position are:
- Master’s degree in data analytics, data science, management science, information technology, or a related field. .
- Minimum three years’ experience using analytics software (e.g., Python, “R” (www.r-project.org), VBA (visual basic), Tableau, SAS, MySQL, MS SQL, and/or Business Objects), as well as Microsoft Excel, Access and other data management tools in support of data analysis, applying analytical methods such as regression analysis, as well as experience in communicating the results of data analyses to a variety of stakeholders via reports to include charts and graphs, or in written and oral formats to convey insights from analyses.
- Ability to explain in layman’s terms, business analytics concepts to others (e.g., faculty colleagues, leadership, clients and students).
- Enjoys working with adult learners.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, clients and students
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive
- Interest in continuously exploring and mastering new technology.
- Willing to learn and apply best practices for online and blended instruction.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Terminal degree (e.g., Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Management Science, Data Analytics, Information Technology, or a related field.)
- Experience teaching in a college/university environment.
- Experience working with adult learners.
- Experience in online and/or blended/hybrid instruction, and curriculum development.
- Experience teaching online and blended graduate and undergraduate economics, business data analytics, data analysis, predictive analytics, and/or project management courses.
If you want to apply your teaching experience and passion for adult learning in an environment that is student centered and values integrity, collaboration, and innovation, Brandman University is the place for you. Please visit the Brandman University Career Site.