Full-time Faculty Opening: Assistant Professor/Operations Management
School of Business and Professional Studies
(Location: To be determined by selection of best qualified candidate and student need)
Brandman University is a non-profit institution with a mission to provide students with a dynamic education based on excellence and flexibility that creates lasting value and relevance for evolving careers. Brandman University provides adult learners with broader access to quality higher education with cutting-edge curricula driven by innovative pedagogy and technology. Brandman has focused on developing an innovative curriculum approach for our programs, using a blended format of online and face-to-face instruction at more than 25 campuses located in California and Washington. For more information, visit us at www.brandman.edu.
Responsibilities of Brandman University full-time faculty include teaching, mentoring and service. Research is supported but not required. All Faculty positions are non-tenure track, normally hired at the rank of assistant professor. We offer competitive salaries with generous benefits.
Minimum requirements for the position are:
- An earned Business or Business-related doctoral degree, with strong evidence of completed coursework and/or professional development in Operations and/or Supply Chain Management, or a closely related field.
- Strong college/university teaching record in Operations Management and/or Supply Chain Management.
- A commitment to establishing and maintaining collegial relationships with faculty colleagues, leadership, clients and students.
- Enjoys working with adult learners.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with colleagues, clients and students.
- Intellectually curious, passionate, and inventive.
- Interest in continuously exploring and mastering new technology.
- Willing to learn and apply best practices for online and blended instruction.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Five or more years of industry experience in any one or combination of the following areas: production/operations management, supply chain management, logistics operations, inventory management, materials handling or project management.
- Experience working with adult learners.
- Experience in online and/or blended/hybrid instruction, and curriculum development.
- Completed graduate-level coursework in statistics, including multivariate statistics, and quantitative methods.
- Experience teaching subjects essential to supply chain operations, to include statistics and/or quantitative methods.
- Experience applying GIS fundamentals to operations management decision making.
- Currency in at least one of the APICS/ASCM certifications (e.g., CPIM, CSCP, or CLTD)
If you want to apply your teaching experience and passion for adult learning in an environment that is student centered and values integrity, collaboration, and innovation, Brandman University is the place for you. Please visit the Brandman University Career Site.