Senior GIS Applications Developer
Seattle Information Technology, Seattle WA
Application Deadline: May 14, 2019
Description: Seattle IT is currently seeking a senior GIS software developer to join the City's GIS & CADD Applications Development team. This position is Transportation focused and will have frequent interaction with users and stakeholders and other GIS professionals around the City. Assignments involve the development of desktop, web and mobile applications, as well as web services, and automated spatial analysis processes.
- Design, develop and deploy desktop and web-based business/GIS applications
- Work with the business to identify requirements, work flows, business rules, etc.
- Propose solutions and develop system designs
- Perform software development using a variety of technologies and languages (see required qualifications)
- Participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- and more
Education: A baccalaureate degree in Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Information Management Systems, or a related field.
Skills & Experience:
- 5 years' experience with the Esri software suite
- 5 years' experience with a relational database management (Oracle, SQL Server or other)
- 5 years' experience performing all phases of the SDLC
- Demonstrated success in problem solving and trouble-shooting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Capability to work efficiently in a deadline-driven environment
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and experience
- Experience with transportation applications of GIS
- Experience with user interface (UI) design for GIS and non-GIS applications
- Familiarity with mobile cross-platform development using Xamarin or similar technology
- Experience using Azure DevOps and GIT source code version control
- Thorough knowledge of database concepts, database design, and system architecture