POSITION: GIS Analyst (contract – until August 2020)
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Services
REPORTS TO: Manager of Business Solutions
LOCATION: Initial Placement – Burford Administration Office
Current Annual Salary Range: $66,157 to $77,386 (Grade 6 – 35 hours a week)
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Geography, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 3 years of experience and knowledge with developing GIS databases and maintaining GIS data with ESRI software, including devices utilizing Global Positioning System (GPS)
- Advanced knowledge of GIS tools and methodologies for administration of corporate GIS databases
- Experience with Geocortex
- Advanced knowledge of SQL language within a Oracle database and ArcSDE experience
- Experience with presentation and graphic design tools for the production of professional quality mapping output products
- Strong organizational, time management and interpersonal skills
- Proven analytical and problem solving abilities; including experience creating analytical based reports
- Strong, interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Experience within a municipal environment considered an asset
- Have completed drone flight school and successfully attained a Special Flight Operations Certificate
- Prepare, maintain, update and manipulate and analyze the digital mapping and associated databases related to the County’s Geographic Information System
- Perform quality assurance/quality control tasks to ensure GIS data integrity
- Liaise with County business units to provide spatial data and analysis functions
- Provide content administration, data dissemination, documentation, spatial analysis, map productions, user training and support to the business areas
- Analyze data requirements, design logical and physical data models
- Responsible for the collection of data in the field using tools such as GPS units and UAV’s
- Work collaboratively with the Manager of Business Solutions and business representatives to develop GIS designs for project development, maintenance and testing
- Work collaboratively with other team members across the County, including consultants that may be involved in data collection projects throughout the Corporation
- Respond to application issues from the user community, troubleshoot problems and work with vendors as required to resolve issues
- Monitor and assess problem situations to identify root cause, gather and process relevant information, generate solutions and resolutions
- Maintain current Feature Manipulation Engine (FME) Server jobs and FME workbench workspaces
- Programming, coding and implementation of third party applications will be required
- May be required to provide after hours on-call support to users
Please visit www.brant.ca/jobs to apply for this job opportunity.
The application deadline is Sunday, July 14, 2019 - 11:59 PM.
The County of Brant is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. Accessibility accommodations are available for all stages of the recruitment process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise the County if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants and advise that only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Personal information submitted is collected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.