Senior Consultant/Implementation Project Manager
BerryDunn is a CPA and Management Consulting firm with over 450 employees that provide a full range of services including: Management and IT Consulting, Health Analytics/Actuarial, Audit, Accounting, and Tax. We are headquartered in Portland, Maine, with offices in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, West Virginia, and Arizona. BerryDunn has maintained steady growth over its 40+ year history, and the firm is regularly named to national “Top 100” lists, including recent recognition for being a “fastest-growing” firm. We partner with clients across the United States and Canada, and we attribute our growth to attracting, developing, and retaining outstanding employees who help our clients create, grow, and protect value.
Our Government Consulting Group is seeking a Senior Consultant/Implementation Project Manager to join our Local Government Practice Area for projects based in multiple locations across the United States. The primary focus of the role is to serve as our clients’ Project Manager working with client and vendor teams as they implement enterprise software. The selected candidate will preferably be based in the southeastern United States.
The individual we seek has the right mix of demonstrated project management capabilities, exceptional organizational and self-management qualities, strong leadership capabilities, effective written and verbal communication skills and a willingness to travel. The preferred candidate will have experience in one or more of the following areas: Permitting and Land Management Systems, Asset Management and Work Order Systems, Technology Planning and Business Process Analysis and will be comfortable working in many different environments within Local government. Experience with business development, coaching, and mentoring is a plus. The location for this project will be based in Wilmington, North Carolina.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and support delivery of services to clients on time and within budget, including assigning and managing staff and creating work products
- Coordinating task assignments based upon management to a vendor’s project plan
- Reporting on project status (written and verbal) including risks and issues to audiences including executive leadership
- Facilitate meetings and interviews with client stakeholders
- Navigate and document decision making processes on behalf of our clients within established governance structures of government agencies
- Participate in staff/team meetings and training and work effectively as a team player on multiple client projects
- Willingness and ability to travel minimum 50% of the time is required
- Bachelor’s degree
- Past experience working with government agencies
- Effective project management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills including documenting complex issues succinctly and logically
- Excellent verbal and presentation skills including articulating complex issues to a variety of audiences
- Ability to balance multiple assignments and achieve quality results in a timely manner
- Ability to create and sustain positive working relationships with staff and diverse constituencies and to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Knowledge of and experience with requirements gathering and software testing best practices
- Experience with implementing enterprise software applications for government entities
- Adept at using the MS Office suite including MS Project
- PMP certification or equivalent project management experience
- Prior consulting experience in a national or regional consulting firm, experience working in/with the public sector, relevant independent consulting experience, or prior employment with a software vendor.