Senior GIS Database Administrator
Southern California Association of Governments (SCAG) seeks a highly technical Senior GIS Database Administrator who excels in problem-solving, analysis, and collaboration. The Senior GIS Database Administrator is responsible for the design, implementation, monitoring, maintenance, and performance of the SCAG Enterprise Geodatabase. If you consider yourself to be a geodatabase subject matter expert and are interested in taking on a lead role, then this opportunity is right for you!
- Design, architect, develop and manage Enterprise GIS Databases in an MS SQL environment
- Support the Administration of ArcGIS Enterprise, including data maintenance, publishing, user setup, user support, security, service registration, and upgrades
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to determine the best storage, service, and distribution methods for SCAG GIS data.
- Monitor, tune relational databases to ensure optimum performance.
- Make the required improvements to database structures and processes to improve performance.
- Develop guides and processes to assist other staff in tuning database structures and processes
- Troubleshoot data and database problems using well-developed troubleshooting techniques.
- Provide technical assistance and training to users for utilizing data through ArcGIS Enterprise and GIS databases
- Develop and establish procedures and monitor and maintain Enterprise GIS Architecture, ArcGIS Server, and ArcSDE tuning and performance monitoring.
- Develop automation protocols for loading spatial data using data modeling and attribute mapping and manage the defined workflow routines.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science Technology; Geography/GIS, or related fields.
- A Master's degree is preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Seven years of increasing responsibility with database administration and at least five years of experience in geodatabase administration.
WHO YOU ARE:
The ideal candidate:
- Has 8-10 years of experience in Geodatabase administration
- 3 to 5 years of SQL experience
- Has 8-10 years of experience working with and knowledge of GIS data
- Has 3-5 years' experience with ArcGIS Enterprise
- ESRI Technical Certification or GISP certification is a plus.
To apply for this position, please go to http://www.scag.ca.gov/opportunities/Pages/CareerOpportunities.aspx?opentab=5