Geographic Information System (GIS) Analyst II
County of Placer, California – Public Works
Permanent/Full Time (40 hrs/week)
- $39.55 - $49.39/hour
- $6,855.33 - $8,560.93/month
- $82,264.00 - $102,731.20/year
The Department of Public Works seeks an experienced GIS Analyst to join the Environmental Utility team, which includes a multi-disciplinary group of engineers, environmental professionals, and operations staff.
Environmental Utilities is primarily responsible for wastewater and solid waste services in the unincorporated areas of Placer County. Other mission areas include groundwater sustainability planning, recycled water integrated use, and watershed forest management.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a wide array of desktop and mobile GIS applications to support these endeavors, emphasizing asset, and fieldwork management. This is a unique opportunity for a candidate interested in being on the ground floor as the County transitions to a single enterprise GIS environment centered on ESRI software. Keys to success will include the ability to collaborate with a broad group of stakeholders, manage multiple projects, and be innovative when faced with challenges.
Experience with underground utility construction and field data collection applications is preferred. Successful candidates may also be called upon to support the County’s Emergency Operations Center during activations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Automated drafting and mapping tools and programs, including ESRI-based GIS software, AutoCAD software, their applications, and related programming languages.
- Principles and practices of geographic information systems, cartography, and engineering drafting, including map projections and scales.
- Principles of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry are related to the computation of distances, angles, and areas.
- Relational database management systems and principles.
- Data maintenance and conversion techniques.
- Basic GIS analysis techniques.
- A variety of information technology issues.
- Principles and techniques of software and systems quality assurance and control.
- Principles and practices of technical problem-solving.
- Structured analysis and database concepts.
- Principles and practices of effective customer service.
- Principles and practices of record keeping.
- Modern office procedures, methods, and equipment.
- Complex relational database management systems and principles.
- GIS analysis techniques.
To view the job description and apply for this position, please go to https://www.jobapscloud.com/Placer/sup/bulpreview.asp?R1=2020&R2=14869&R3=01