Woolpert, Moody AFB, GA
Geospatial Specialist-Moody AFB GeoBase Analyst - Moody AFB, GA
Woolpert, Inc., a leading design, engineering and geospatial firm, seeks a Geospatial Specialist with Air Force GeoBase experience to work onsite at Moody AFB, GA. Job responsibilities will include the following:
- Works closely with end users to identify GIS requirements, technical issues and training needs; analyzes current business processes and recommends best practice solutions; constructs information technology definitions based on identified needs of Moody AFB.
- Performs complex cadastral and GIS data maintenance, manipulation, analysis, extraction and generation assignments; performs data research, investigation and verification; creates and maintains files of digital pictures of streets and street problems for department use; codes and digitizes maps and geographical feature data into various layers; prepares projects and data for archival storage; performs record keeping and inventory; documents and files data sources and map files for future reference; responds to requests from the public for mapping data; responds to emergency mapping and information requests.
- Prepares, plans, produces, maintains and updates a variety of maps, drawings, plans and other graphic representations displaying layers and attribute data from databases, using cartographic techniques to represent spatial data; develops and maintains data layers, using GIS tools, CAD tools and relational databases; performs detailed spatial analysis including notifications, buffering, and zone consolidation; manipulates images for electronic mapping; enters attribute data pertaining to specific features into a relational database; incorporates maps, charts, data files, spreadsheet data, documentation and text into reports.
- Analyzes requests for a variety of new applications, programs and modifications to existing GIS programs; analyzes and documents user work processes and systems functionality requirements; analyzes current GIS system functions, procedures and capabilities to determine if improved methods are possible; develops and presents proposals for new approaches and options to meet user needs; participates on software selection and implementation teams, including software evaluation, requirements gathering, work flow analysis and system implementation, testing and training.
- Designs, implements, and tests configuration changes in packaged software such as ESRI and Oracle to meet end user business requirements.
- Tests new and revised programs and interfaces to ensure accuracy and efficiency; develops and executes test plans and forwards to users for user acceptance testing; creates test scenarios; generates test data and keeps logs of test results; tests and analyzes the effectiveness and functionality of new fields and code; notifies programming staff of testing problems and required fixes; proofreads screen layouts to ensure all system requirements are met.
- Analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves GIS applications problems; communicates with internal and external technical resources to resolve end user issues; provides guidance to users on methods for correcting reported problems.
- Coordinates and conducts user applications training classes; develops training materials and manuals; responds to and resolves user inquiries; develops and maintains user documentation. Develop necessary extraction programs, transfer rules, update rules if necessary using SQL code. Develop standard and custom reports, as specified by business unit/user requirements. Develop standard and custom reports, as specified by business unit/user requirements.
Qualified candidates will have a BA/BS or six (6) years of related experience in GIS. Knowledge of Esri software is required. Must be able to obtan a SECRET clearance for administrator rights on Moody AFB GeoBase servers.
Presenting Opportunities and Challenges at Every Turn...
As a firm that recognizes the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through our excellent benefits package and competitive salaries.
Please no agency or recruiter calls.
Woolpert is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. We maintain a drug-free workplace.
To Apply for this position:
For immediate consideration, please apply online at https://recruiting.ultipro.com/WOO1009/JobBoard/97967b39-b3fa-4972-8da3-2af68e0ffa86