Already a member? Renew your membership online
URISA fosters excellence in GIS through its programs, guiding and supporting GIS professionals throughout their careers.
Join Today (but first check out the amazing offer below)!
The Choice is Yours
Whether you join URISA as an individual (professional, young professional or student) or as part of an organization membership (government agency, educational institution, corporate or business partner), you receive numerous benefits including substantial discounts on URISA-sponsored conferences, training, workshops, webinars and publications; subscriptions to The GIS Professional and URISA Digest; access to the vast electronic URISA Library of conference proceedings, Journals, and other resources; along with advocacy efforts on behalf of the profession and ample opportunities to contribute.
Don’t miss this introductory URISA membership deal!For a limited time, you can join URISA for $100 (normally $195/year) or take advantage of even greater savings and join for only $150 for two years!
Networking, information sharing and professional development are just some of the benefits that URISA members enjoy year-round. Whether it is participating in our signature training and education programs, contributing to any of our many committees or adding your voice to issues that matter, URISA is your touch point to the GIS profession.
We invite you to join and engage with URISA to build a stronger association and contribute to the growth of the GIS profession!
|"The connections and opportunities URISA has provided me have been overwhelmingly valuable! From having a network of geospatial colleagues to the strategic planning and emerging technology skills I can use as a leader in my organization, URISA returns so much on my membership and time investment that I will always be an active member and volunteer!"
- Ashley Hitt, GISP, Director, GIS Services, Connected Nation, Louisville, Kentucky
Individual Membership Categories
- Professional Membership (annual dues $195) - See special offer above!
- Student Membership (annual dues $20): Full-time students (applies to only those students who are currently enrolled as graduate students and have 9 credit hours or more or are undergrads and have 12 credit hours or more of courses).
- Young Professional Membership (annual dues $125): For a number of years, URISA has demonstrated its commitment to Young Professionals through the introduction and support of the Vanguard Cabinet. To further appeal to the next leaders of the organization, URISA is pleased to announce a Young Professional Membership for $125/year – a $50 annual savings. This membership is valid for members, age 35 or under, and is limited to no more than five consecutive years of URISA membership. See special offer above!
URISA Individual Member Benefits Include*:
- The GIS Professional – URISA’s bimonthly publication with member-contributed articles on technology, trends, case studies and more
- Publications - online publications library with dozens of electronic publications, URISA Journal archives, and conference proceedings
- Advocacy – advocacy in multiple nations for local interests based on a collaboratively-developed advocacy agenda
- Affiliation with an International organization active in advocacy on behalf of members and the profession
- Best Practices – consensus and publication of best practices on a wide variety of processes and procedures
- Contribution Opportunities for GISPs – GISP points for association membership and participation! Present and attend conferences; write an article; ample opportunities for involvement
- Continuing Education Credits- In addition to substantial GISP education points, URISA offers numerous continuing education credit across a multitude of disciplines including American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) credits (earn nearly all credits needed at the annual conference!), PE, PLS, CPH and more
- Leadership Development – opportunities to develop or improve leadership skills within URISA committees and work groups
- Numerous Educational Opportunities – webinars, conferences, workshops
- GIS-Pro Annual Conference registration savings
- Specialty Conference registration savings – GIS/CAMA Technologies, GIS in Public Health, GIS in Transit, URISA's Caribbean GIS Conference and more
- URISA GIS Leadership Academy registration savings ($200 value)
- URISA Digest – updates on URISA activities, announcements, and industry news
- Job Opportunities/Postings – access to comprehensive listings of job openings
- Young Professionals & the Vanguard Cabinet – connect with a strong active network of other young GIS professionals
- Expand Your Professional Network – with local, national and international members across a variety of disciplines
Total it up and URISA membership is worth considerably more than the annual dues rate! (If you are retired or currently unemployed, contact URISA for discounted dues rates.)
* Organization memberships (government agency, educational institution, corporate or business partner) include a specified number of individual members and all receive these benefits. Scroll down for details.
Take advantage of the special introductory offer by MARCH 31!
- Download Individual Membership Application - for Student, Young Professional or Individual Professional Membership
- Fillable Individual Membership Application - for Student , Young Professional or Individual Professional Membership
- Or click here to join as an individual member online today!
Learn about Organizational Membership Categories:
Individual members within each of the organizational membership packages receive all of the benefits noted above.
- Learn about membership for Government Agencies
- Learn about membership for Educational Institutions
- Learn about joining URISA as a Corporate or Business Partners