The Choice is Yours
Whether you join URISA as an individual (professional, young professional or student) or as part of an organization membership (government agency, educational institution, corporate or business partner), you receive numerous benefits including:
- Significant discounts on registration fees for URISA-sponsored conferences, the URISA GIS Leadership Academy, and workshops.
- Free webinars.
- Subscriptions to The GIS Professional and URISA Digest.
- Access to the vast electronic URISA Library of conference proceedings, Journal articles, and other resources.
- Advocacy efforts to support and protect the profession.
- Ample opportunities to contribute on URISA Committees and Task Forces (and earn GISP points).
- A 365 day online community, through URISA Connect, to discuss areas of interest, explore solutions and talk over challenges with your peers and leaders in the profession.
- An experienced and welcoming network of professionals.
- ....and so much more!
|"The connections and opportunities URISA has provided me have been overwhelmingly valuable! From having a network of geospatial colleagues to the strategic planning and emerging technology skills I can use as a leader in my organization, URISA returns so much on my membership and time investment that I will always be an active member and volunteer!"
- Ashley Hitt, GISP, Director, GIS Services, Connected Nation, Louisville, Kentucky
Individual Membership Categories
- Professional Membership (annual dues $195; pro-rated according to join date)
- Student Membership (annual dues $20; pro-rated according to join date): Full-time students (applies to only those students who are currently enrolled as graduate students and have 9 credit hours or more or are undergrads and have 12 credit hours or more of courses).
- Young Professional Membership (annual dues $125; pro-rated according to join date): For a number of years, URISA has demonstrated its commitment to Young Professionals through the introduction and support of the Vanguard Cabinet. To further appeal to the next leaders of the organization, URISA is pleased to offer a Young Professional Membership for $125/year – a $75 annual savings. This membership is valid for members, age 35 or under, and is limited to no more than five consecutive years of URISA membership.
- If you are retired or currently unemployed, contact URISA for discounted dues rates.
- Download Individual Membership Application - for Student, Young Professional or Individual Professional Membership
- Fillable Individual Membership Application - for Student, Young Professional or Individual Professional Membership (please use Firefox as your browser to complete this form)
- Or click here to join as an individual member online today!
Organizational Membership Categories
Instead of joining as an individual, student or young professional member, consider a government agency, corporate partner or educational institution membership.
Individual members within each of the organizational membership packages receive all of the benefits noted above in addition to additional benefits for the organization .
- Learn about Government Agency or Educational Institution Membership
- Learn about joining URISA as a Corporate or Business Partner
|"Whether you are new to the industry or a seasoned professional, URISA is the GIS professional organization for you. This organization has allowed me to grow my professional network as well as enhance my teaching and technological expertise through participation in various events. Whether your involvement is with a regional chapter or attending international events, the experience will leave you yearning for more. Try it, I promise you wouldn’t be disappointed."
- Elthron M. Anderson, GISP, Geospatial Technology and Infrastructure Asset Manager, Southgate Water & Sanitation Districts, Centennial, Colorado