Call for Presentations Announced for URISA GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015 in Spokane
URISA, the Northwest GIS User Group (NWGIS), and the Northern Rockies and Washington Chapters of URISA are pleased to announce the Call for Presentations for their jointly-sponsored conference, GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015 in Spokane, Washington, October 18-22, 2015.
Because there is an abundance of conferences for the geospatial community, the organizations decided to work together for URISA GIS-Pro & NWGIS 2015. The goal is to complement, not compete with, each organization's community of members and allow participants to take advantage of important vendor-neutral education and networking in one place, at one time. This year’s collaborative conference will bring together an international audience to present, discuss, analyze, and share their experiences, insights, solutions and yes, frustrations in the geospatial arena. Help us get the dialogue going.
There are numerous presentation formats to fit your style...from formal speaking slots and panel discussions to casual luncheon presentations and IGNITE talks. The Conference Committee has provided the following list to consider as possible presentation topics. The list is not meant to be restrictive, but is provided to stimulate ideas. Feel free to think outside the box. Consider innovations, trends, technical and management topics. Propose ideas geared to GIS beginners or industry leaders.
- Aerial Photography, Remote Sensing, & LIDAR
- Airport GIS – FAA Requirements, Local, and Regional Airport Planning
- Agency Collaboration
- Application Development
- Architecture & Integration
- Best Practices, Certifications, & Continuing Education
- Career Advancement
- Cartography & Map Design
- Civic Engagement & Public Participation
- Developing quality RFPs and measuring ROI
- Education, particularly K-12 and postsecondary
- Emerging Technologies and the Cloud
- Environmental Conservation and Management
- Map Publication Systems and Applications
- Mobile Applications & GPS
- Natural Resource Management
- Open Data
- Open Source GIS
- Private Sector Innovations
- Program Management & Planning
- Projects, Implementations, & Strategies
- Public Health
- Renewable Energy & Climate Change
- Smart Cities
- Soft Skills Development
- 3D GIS
- Transportation and Transit
- Tribal GIS
- Utilities – Water, Wastewater, Electrical, Gas, Stormwater, Phone, Broadband, etc.
- GIS and 911; Emergency Response; Hazard Mitigation, Fire Management; Earthquake or Flood Response
For more than 50 years, URISA has been at the forefront of what was then evolving technology but is becoming more and more mainstream. For 30 years, the Northwest GIS User Group has been providing a forum for training and the exchange of knowledge, techniques, and data among the users of GIS products and services. GIS continues to find new applications and new adaptations. Presenting your work at the URISA GIS-Pro and NWGIS 2015 Conference helps your peers identify new uses for their GIS systems among end-users and between agencies.
Abstract submissions are due March 2, 2015. For complete details and an online submission form, visit http://www.urisa.org/education-events/gis-pro-nwgis-2015-call-for-presentations/