URISA Board Candidates Announced
URISA’s Leadership Development Committee recently presented its recommended slate of candidates to the URISA Board of Directors. The Board approved the slate, listed below, for its 2016 election. Those elected will begin their three-year Board terms following GIS-Pro 2016: URISA's 54th Annual Conference in Toronto, Ontario.
URISA is pleased to present the following list of candidates for URISA President-Elect and for Directors on the Board.
Approved Slate for URISA 2016 Election:
- Teresa Townsend, AICP, Chief Executive Officer, Planning Communities, Raleigh, North Carolina
- Eric Bohard, GISP, Technology Services Manager, Clackamas County, Oregon
FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS—(to fill 3 positions)
- James Armstrong, GISP, Partner, Spatial Relationships LLC, Boston, Massachusetts
- Judy Colby-George, GISP, GIS Analyst/Owner, Spatial Alternatives Inc., Yarmouth, Maine
- Brent Jones, PE, PLS, Global Manager, Land Records/Cadastre, Esri, Vienna, Virginia
- Robert Kirkman, GISP, Enterprise Services Manager, Portland Metro, Portland, OR
- Diana (Alexandra) Rodriguez, CFM, GIS Specialist, CDM Smith, Chicago, Illinois
- Brian Sovik, GISP, PMP, VP GIS Solutions, Data Transfer Solutions, Orlando, Florida
The official ballots will be distributed to the entire URISA membership in the next couple of weeks. To help members decide for whom to vote, candidates will provide a profile of their professional experience and a statement about their ideas for URISA’s future.