NextGen 9-1-1 and Emergency Preparedness Content at GIS-Pro 2017
URISA is pleased to offer substantial NextGen 9-1-1 and Emergency Preparedness content at GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida this year (October 23-26, 2017). As NG911 technology is adopted by more emergency call centers, the need for precise, current GIS data, and the people who manage that data, is crucial for locating calls for service. The GIS-Pro 2017 conference committee has developed content to provide the digital details, the management methods, and the information the GIS community needs to become an effective partner with the 9-1-1 professionals in their jurisdiction.
Three half-day pre-conference workshops:
- Emergency Preparedness for GIS
- NextGen 9-1-1 & GIS Workflow
- NG9-1-1 Data Hacks: Finding Anomalies and Fixing Them
A comprehensive 2½ day program track focused on NextGen 9-1-1 Fundamentals. Twenty speakers will present in these six important sessions:
- Information Management for Addressing and 911
- Regional Addresses for 9-1-1
- GIS and NextGen 9-1-1 Who Knows What When and How
- Getting Ready for NG 9-1-1
- The Role of GIS in Hurricane Matthew Damage Assessment
- Damage Assessment: Tools to Help You be Prepared
In addition to the focused education at GIS-Pro 2017, attendees will have the opportunity to connect with solutions providers in the Exhibition. For complete conference information, visit www.gis-pro.org
URISA has an active NG911 Task Force which is developing additional educational content to support GIS professionals in this important endeavor and is also a proud partner of the NG911 Now Coalition, whose mission is to promote an accelerated implementation of NG911 throughout the nation.