Keynote Speakers for URISA's 2019 Caribbean GIS Conference Announced
Registration Now Open
URISA is pleased to announce the keynote speakers for the 9th URISA Caribbean GIS Conference, taking place November 18-21, 2019 in Port of Spain, Trinidad. Our opening keynote speaker is Ambassador, Dr. June Soomer, Secretary General of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS), and Allen Carroll, Founder of Story Maps at Esri, will be our closing keynote speaker.
Ambassador, Dr. June Soomer, Secretary General of the Association of Caribbean States (ACS), is our esteemed opening keynote speaker. Dr. Soomer will discuss how geospatial technology can help us to minimize the impact of human activity on the environment and that small developing countries must maximize their use of geospatial technology to ensure sustainable development.
Allen Carroll founded the story maps team at Esri. Prior to joining Esri in 2010, he worked at National Geographic for 27 years in a variety of positions, including art director of National Geographic Magazine and chief cartographer at National Geographic Maps. His talk will be the perfect ending to the conference!
#CaribbeanGIS2019 features comprehensive workshop and training opportunities and an abundance of concurrent breakout sessions covering important topics including:
- GIS for Resilience and Sustainable Development
- Utilizing Geospatial Techniques to Improve Disaster Response
- Business Efficiency Improvements through Geospatial Information Solutions
- Utilizing Geospatial Tools in Local Area Planning and Citizen Science
- Land Information for Smarter Cities
- Impacts of Disaster and Early Warning
- Developing GIS for Responses to Caribbean Emergencies
- Location Analytics
- ... and much more.
Take advantage of additional focused education and attend a workshop (one workshop is included with full registration). Select from these important opportunities
- Achieving High Accuracy in GIS Mapping with Easy to Use Highly Efficient Mobile Tools
- GeoSpatial Data Science: A Notebooking Approach for interactive Spatial Data Analysis
- Hands-on Processing of LiDAR and Photogrammetry Point Clouds
- Parcel Management
- Humanitarian OpenStreetMap (HOT) #CaribbeanGIS Mapathon
- Census Solutions for Civil Governments
- Valuation Workflows in ArcGIS
Peruse the entire #CaribbeanGIS Agenda with details about the presentations, speakers, and proposal submissions and take note of the opportunities to connect with your fellow GIS professionals. Attendance at the 2019 URISA Caribbean GIS Conference counts toward GIS Professional (GISP) Certification and renewal.
Note that the Exhibition is a focal point for the conference and attendees are enthusiastic about learning how technology can advance their systems. A limited number of opportunities are available.
Discounted early bird registration is available until September 30.
Visit https://www.urisa.org/caribbeangis today!