GIS Community Anticipating Remarks from #GISPro2020 Keynote Speakers
URISA is pleased to introduce the keynote speakers for GIS-Pro 2020, URISA's 58th Annual Conference, taking place virtually September 29-October 2.
- Tuesday, September 29: Martin O'Malley, Author and Former Governor of Maryland
- Wednesday, September 30: Chris Vaughan, Geographic Information Officer for the Federal Emergency Management Agency
- Friday, October 2: Juliana Blackwell, Director of the National Geodetic Survey
Panel discussions focused on Racial Equity & GIS; GIS and the Pandemic; Contact Tracing; Innovations in Forecasting and Addressing Supply Chain Disruptions During COVID-19; GIS Ethics; and Redistricting are featured along with dozens of concurrent sessions with interactive Q&A. Sessions will be available on demand for GIS-Pro 2020 registrants after the conference, so there will be no fear of missing a presenter or topic of interest. Review the full program here.
#GISPro2020 also features pre- and post conference instructor-led virtual workshops, which are scheduled the week before and the week after the main conference. Attendance at one workshop is included with full registration. Because each is designed as a classroom experience, capacity is limited.
The workshop line-up is comprehensive:
Wednesday, September 23
- Best Practices for GIS Project Planning and Management
- NG911 & the GIS Workflow
- GIS in Emergency Management
- Microsoft Project™ Software Tutorial
Thursday, September 24
- Experimental Learning Techniques to be More Effective
- Introduction to GIS for Equity and Social Justice
- Navigating a Virtual Landscape for your GIS Career
Tuesday, October 6
- Building Community Using Geospatial Tools
- Unpacking the NENA NG911 GIS Data Model
- Changes Afoot After 2022: State Plane and the Death of the U.S. Survey Foot
Wednesday, October 7
- Preparing for GISP Certification
- Coordinate Systems and Projections
Attendance at GIS-Pro 2020 counts toward GIS Professional (GISP) Certification and renewal.
We thank all of the speakers, instructors, sponsors, and participants for their dedication to advancing the profession.
For more information, visit www.gis-pro.org.