You’ll get the most out of your URISA membership when you get connected to the people, programs, information, and resources that can help take your organization and career to the next level.
Connect with other members. It’s easy to connect with your peers in URISA's many online social spaces. Here are a few highlights:
Some recent URISA Connect discussions:
Whether you choose to get involved to gain leadership opportunities, build your resume, increase your organization’s exposure in the industry, or give back to the profession, you’ll find a meaningful way to participate in the URISA community.
Volunteering is just as easy as it is rewarding.
As a volunteer, you can:
- Contribute to solving industry issues
- Enhance leadership, team-building and communication skills
- Network with industry experts and thought leaders
- Engage fellow members in meaningful dialogue
- Design and facilitate programming
- Work collaboratively in order to foster a spirit of innovation and creativity
- Learn from diverse people and viewpoints
We fulfill our promise to provide exceptional experiences, a vibrant community, and essential tools—only as a result of the time and knowledge volunteered by members like you, who serve your colleagues and further the geospatial profession. We need your skills, passion, and perspectives to build a vibrant, inclusive, and diverse corps of volunteer leaders. We realize that work and family responsibilities come first, so volunteer time commitments vary widely. Volunteer to write an article for the newsletter (2 hours); participate with a team to develop a best practice (an hour or two a month for six months); or serve as a committee leader for a program you are passionate about (3 years). Some committees may meet via teleconference monthly and most of the work is done electronically via an online collaborative tool.
Contribute. Our resources draw heavily on the knowledge and experience of our members. You can contribute in a variety of ways:
- Share a sample document. Add a document that works well for your organization to our ever-growing Models & Samples collection.
- Become a presenter. Submit your idea for a presentation topic for any of URISA's many education programs.
- Volunteer to write for the association's newsletter or share ideas for future articles.
- Volunteer your GIS expertise on a URISA GISCorps project.
- Influence public policy. Learn about legislative activities and become an advocate for the community.
Lend your support:
- Influence your peers. How has URISA membership benefited you? Share your story with colleagues. Send us your testimonial.
Invest. Contribute to the future of the organization by supporting URISA and/or URISA's GISCorps with a tax-deductible donation.
Industry partner opportunities. URISA's industry partners support us in a variety of ways.
- Sponsorships and exhibiting. Find out all the ways you can increase your visibility and your company’s business by exhibiting at and sponsoring URISA events.
- Corporate Partnership Program. Gain even more exposure and support the industry by becoming a an annual partner.
Don't hesitate to contact any of the URISA staff via the contact form below or individually.